Employer: Grant County Public Works
Perform skilled operation of trucks and other assigned road maintenance equipment for the maintenance, repair and construction of roadways in an assigned district according to Department standards for quality and efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The following examples of duties and accountabilities illustrate the general range of tasks assigned to the position but are not intended to define the limits of required duties. The position performs a variety of professional level personnel duties related to one or more functional areas within a centralized human resources system. Duties may vary depending on area or areas to which assigned. Other essential duties may be assigned consistent with the general scope of the position. Employee must comply with all County and department policies, procedures, WAC's or other regulatory bodies.
Equipment Operation: Incumbents operate a variety of types of trucks for moving, transporting and applying gravel and other materials. They also operate assigned road and right of way maintenance equipment to assist in patching, paving and general maintenance of roadways. In winter, incumbents plow snow and ice from road surfaces.
Equipment Maintenance: This accountability requires incumbents to perform daily preventive maintenance on their equipment including routine lubrication and monitoring fluid and lubricant levels. From time to time incumbents may be assigned temporarily to assist Shop Managers and mechanics in a District repair shop.
Education, Experience, and Licensing
1. Truck Operation
2. Operation of Road Maintenance Equipment
3. Preventative Equipment Maintenance
4. Roadway Repair & Construction
5. Emergency Preparedness (fire, earthquake, disaster)
6. Safety & Security (safe work practices, incident reporting, etc.)
7. Infection Control
8. Superior Communication Skills
9. Interpersonal & Teamwork Skills
10. Commitment to Grant County Mission
11. Knowledge of County Policies & Procedures
Education and/or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Any combination of education and experience may be substituted as long as it provides the desired skills, knowledge and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum one year of experience in operations of complex trucks and trailers or an equivalent of a combination of relevant experience and/or training;
- Washington State Class 'A' Commercial Driver's License with required endorsements/air brake endorsement.
- Experience working in Government/Public Sector
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver's License with proof of automobile insurance.
- Background Check: Must have an acceptable background record.
- Driving Abstract: Must have an acceptable driving record.
Physical Abilities and Working Conditions
Work is performed in the field in a variety of weather conditions including the potential for severe winter weather. Incumbents may be on 24 hour call for emergencies or severe weather.
The physical abilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, write, hear, speak, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, go up and down a ladder and/or step stool to retrieve/file away files, and lift up and/or move up to 50 lbs. of unequal weight. The position requires the employee to stand and/or sit for 8+ hours per day, 5 days per week. Regular computer keyboard work is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distant vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Ephrata, WA
Base Pay: $3,539.47 - $3,750.93 Monthly