Employer: The Neil Jones Food Company
Maintenance Mechanic A
Requisition ID: 1574
E3 - Qualif Reg
The Neil Jones Food Company is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic A at our Toma-Tek facility in Firebaugh, CA. The Neil Jones Food Company processes superior quality, fresh packed, vine-ripened California tomatoes and Pacific Northwest fruit. With headquarters in Vancouver, Washington, NJFC has been providing our nation’s discerning foodservice, retail, industrial and institutional customers the finest quality canned and pouched products for over 35 years. NJFC operates three production facilities: Northwest Packing in Vancouver, WA.; San Benito Foods, in Hollister, CA; and Toma-Tek in Firebaugh, CA.
Repairs and ensures that preventative maintenance is being executed on machinery and mechanical equipment such as: engines, motors, pneumatic tools, pumps, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment. Skilled welder in multiple forms of welding including sanitary (Aseptic). Must ensure that the response time to any mechanical failure is adequate for minimal production downtime. Must ensure that all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Safety, Hot Works, and Health Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) procedures are being followed.
- Ensures that preventative maintenance on equipment is be executed and properly documented
- Ensures that the response time to any mechanical failure is adequate for minimal production downtime
- Assist supervisor and operators in equipment start-up, shut down and CIP
- Ensure all maintenance and lubrication of equipment is being performed on a daily basis.
- Analyzes and resolves mechanical problems, or assist workers in solving equipment problems.
- At least five years of experience and/or training in Industrial Food Processing machinery or similar equipment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Read, write and speak English; bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Requires knowledge of Tomato Processing including evaporation, sterilization and aseptic systems.
- Requires knowledge in the operation of equipment: drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts and the skills to weld with any of these: STICK, TIG and/or MIG welders, sanitary welding.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and lift up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage
- 401(k) Roth
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Numerous other voluntary products available
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, military or veteran status, and other protected status under applicable law.
Location: Firebaugh, CA
Application Method: Online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=3c4ef330-a51f-45a5-992c-aba7886306d5&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=400108&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Base Pay: DOQ