Employer: The Neil Jones Food Company
Food Processing Plant Maintenance Manager - Vancouver, WA
Requisition ID: 1575
E1 -Regular FT Non
The Neil Jones Food Company is looking for a Maintenance Manager at our Northwest Packing facility in Vancouver, WA. The Neil Jones Food Company processes superior quality, fresh packed, vine-ripened California tomatoes and Pacific Northwest fruit. With headquarters in Vancouver, Washington, NJFC has been providing our nation’s discerning foodservice, retail, industrial and institutional customers the finest quality canned and pouched products for over 35 years. NJFC operates three production facilities: Northwest Packing in Vancouver, WA.; San Benito Foods, in Hollister, CA; and Toma-Tek in Firebaugh, CA.
This position is an integral part of the plant leadership team and coordinates and manages all mechanical and electrical work with plant management, supervisors, and support staff, including specification of mechanical systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical routing, vacuum systems. Develops and manages preventative and predictive maintenance programs and inventory tracking procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of industry technological developments.
- Supervises and manages mechanical and electrical staff to assure that all required maintenance and repairs are completed in a timely manner and that the plant is prepared for production requirements.
- Recruits, trains, coaches and evaluates performance of staff as required.
- Forecasts, develops, and manages the maintenance budget and participates on multi-function site business team.
- Establishes and maintains adequate inventories of spare parts and supplies to assure that all critical pieces of equipment are available for continual operation during production periods.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mechanical or electrical or related field or the equivalent in vocational experience; or any equivalent combination of training, experience and education that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- 10 years’ directly-related maintenance management experience and at least 3 years’ food processing experience, preferably in the canning industry. Requires thorough knowledge of food processing and packaging equipment, ammonia refrigeration systems, conveyor systems, and freezing systems.
- 3 years’ experience supervising a large group of employees; preferably in a unionized environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, project management software and maintenance management software, preferably AMMS.
- Proactive, resourceful and highly motivated with good communication skills; bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check and credit screen.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage
- 401(k) match with Traditional & Roth options available
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Numerous other voluntary products available
- Convenient location, 2 miles west of downtown Vancouver
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, military or veteran status, and other protected status under applicable law.
Location: Vancouver, WA
Application Method: Online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=3c4ef330-a51f-45a5-992c-aba7886306d5&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=400426&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Base Pay: DOQ