Employer: Horizon Distribution
Accounting - Inventory Control Specialist - Yakima, WA
Horizon Distribution, Inc.
Horizon Distribution, Inc. is a regional independent distributor of General Hardware, Farm, Lawn and Garden, and Industrial products. Our company focus is to always take care of our customers, whether it’s through on- time shipments or coming up with specialized customer solutions. We have a broad inventory mix, a large and efficient distribution center, and a highly rated website.
HDI offers a competitive compensation package, bonus incentives, and comprehensive benefits including
Medical, Dental, Life, and 401k with a company match program.
“Our mission is to be our customers’ first choice for quality products, value added services, and solutions designed for them to successfully achieve their objectives”
For more information about Horizon Distribution, Inc., please visit www.horizondistribution.com.
We are looking for an Inventory Control person in Yakima, Washington.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities for the Inventory Control position.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Match received inventory with purchase order and invoice via our software.
- Investigate differences and resolve.
- Fill out claims for credit forms.
- Notify, discuss, and bill vendors for inventory discrepancies.
- Verify receipt of credit.
- Communicate with our distribution center or purchasing department on purchase order issues.
- Follow up on tasks timely to ensure that we are constantly resolving problems.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents as required.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Provide inventory reports to the appropriate personnel at the frequencies instructed.
- Personally contributes to team effort and team building within the company by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Must have experience working within an accounting department. Industry related experience is desirable but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, personable, well organized, and ability to work well independently and with other team members.
- Proficient working with technology including, but not limited to, computers, email, Excel, Word, 10- key, and researching information online.
- Some college education or equivalent preferred but not required.
Thank you for considering joining the team at Horizon Distribution. If interested in learning more about this opportunity contact Andy Marble from this posting.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Masks are required. Social distancing encouraged. Limited group gatherings. Masks and sanitation provided.
Work Location: One location
Company's website: www.hdweb.com
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Work Remotely: No
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/q-Horizon-Distribution-jobs.html?vjk=8136285907d4ca61
Base Pay: DOQ