Who We Are:
EPIC, Enterprise for Progress in the Community, is a private, nonprofit organization, delivering early childhood
educational services to families in Central Washington for more than 35 years.
What We Believe:
The dignity and worth of the individual and respect for the diversity of cultures
Provision of quality services for the whole person
The value of families; the involvement of families in decisions which affect their members
Promoting the individual growth and development of our staff
Collaborating and cooperation with community partners based on need
Position Title: Bus Driver
Pay Level: $17.80
Reports To: Center Manager
Ensure that the children are transported in a safe, timely and appropriate manner. Implement all program content
to ensure a holistic integrative approach. Work in accordance with ECEAP Performance Standard requirements,
state licensing requirements and agency policies and procedures.
• HS/GED Required
• Vehicles with 20 passengers and under, test-drive and ride along supervision for 30 days.
• For vehicles over 20 passengers-minimum of two years experience in like-vehicle.
• Current abstract with clean driving record.
• Combination Driver's License (CDL) with P1 and S endorsement required.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Physically able to drive and maintain bus as required.
• Valid Washington State Driver’s License, own transportation and required auto insurance.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ensure compliance of performance standards by adhering to all of EPIC’s transportation procedures and
policies as outlined in the Epic transportation manual.
2. Clean bus inside daily, which shall include sweeping, empting garbage and disinfecting seats.
3. Wash the outside of the bus and mop the floors weekly.
4. Keep driver’s area free of loose objects.
5. Wash mirrors and driver viewing windows daily, which shall include the inside and outside of the windshield,
driver’s side windows, passenger door windows and rear windows.
6. Assure all cam-wraps and safety vests are secured, adjusted properly and in proper working condition daily.
7. Maintain daily record of miles traveled.
8. Maintain record of gasoline purchased and note date and odometer reading at the time of fueling.
9. Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections, which shall include all items listed on the EPIC Driver’s Daily Report
10. Notify appropriate Transportation Manager of any operating problems.
11. Take bus into proper facility for servicing at required intervals and repairs.
12. Assist and/or direct Transportation Assistant as needed to ensure safety of children.
13. Operate bus in a safe and lawful manner at all times.
14. Return children to school if no one is at home to receive the child.
15. Maintain a regular schedule with as prompt pickup of children as is practicable.
16. Update Combination Drivers License (CDL), CPR, First Aid, HIV/Aids, and DOT cards as needed.
17. Use eye protection when necessary, for example, sunglasses.
18. Attend required training, workshops and classes.
19. Maintain all records in an accurate and timely manner, which includes the emergency information form,
change of circumstance form and route sheets.
20. Ensure that children enter and exit the bus in a safe manner, remain seated while bus is in motion and assure
that children are released to list authorized person(s) in accordance to EPIC Policies.
21. Implement, support and promote policies and procedures related to CA/N, Child Discipline and Behavior
22. Maintain a safe, healthy and sanitary environment ensuring that children are supervised at all times;
Respond quickly to crisis or emergency situations that may occur; provide first aid, CPR, and access
Emergency services as needed.
23. Be committed to characterizing a culture of safety within our centers/ sites, playgrounds, buses and anywhere
that children may be present. Be familiar with and encourage EPICs culture of “See Something, Say
Other Job Functions:
• Articulate EPIC’s mission, values and policies to staff and clients; demonstrate commitment to mission,
values and policies in the performance of daily duties.
• Adhere to the values that reflect the working culture at EPIC. Thus, honoring and modeling these values
as you carry out your duties on a daily basis.
• Communicate effectively by sharing concerns openly and honestly with appropriate staff members,
observes confidentiality in all dealings related to program, staff and families.
Working Conditions/Physical/ Mental Abilities and Processes:
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Work requires long periods of standing, walking, lifting, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling,
carrying, squatting, twisting, turning, and reaching.
• Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
• Ability to feel or grip objects. Use repetitive motions involved with food preparation, work from an
awkward position to accomplish cleaning equipment.
• Work also requires standing during the majority of the work shift.
Additional Skills and Conditions:
• Excellent people skills.
• Sound and mature judgment.
• Work positively in a team setting.
• Demonstrate creativity, hard work, and be willing to try new approaches.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage workloads and meet deadlines.
• Ability to deal effectively and positively with staff, students and the public.
• Other duties as assigned.
Personal computer, telephone, copy and fax machines
Other Conditions of Employment:
1. Pass EPIC’s pre-employment drug screen
2. Within 30 days of employment, complete an initial health exam by an EPIC Health Care Provider and a TB
skin test, at no cost to the employee.
3. Prior to employment, obtain a cleared portable background check through the Department of Children,
Youth and Families and/or fingerprinting check.
4. Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and auto insurance.
5. Complete child abuse and neglect training and all other mandated training.
6. Provide proof of MMR vaccination and/or resistance to Measles, Mumps & Rubella.
7. Executive Director approval.
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Application Method: Online: http://www.epicnet.org/jobs/
Base Pay: DOQ