Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste ("EfW") facilities safely convert approximately 21 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle over 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit www.covanta.com .
Information on our facilities is available at www.covanta.com/Covanta-Map . For career opportunities, visit www.covanta.com/Careers . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf) Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
- We seek a dedicated individual who will safely work as part of a small team to maintain, diagnose, and repair all types of power plant equipment.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to communicate well with groups or individuals to solve problems; able to prioritize work based on plant production requirements; work independently with minimal assistance; and understand safety procedures of electrical equipment.
- This individual will participate in daily preventative, scheduled, and corrective maintenance activities in a safe, effective, and timely manner related to an electrical generation facility.
- Specific duties include, but are not limited to, inspection, calibration, troubleshooting and repair of electrical equipment and plant instrumentation.
- Facility equipment includes, but is not limited to, hydraulics, fans, pumps, conveyors, and refuse cranes.
- The role is responsible for daily maintenance and preventative maintenance of the Continuous Emissions Monitoring (CEMs) system; installing conduits and wiring for new installations and repairs to existing equipment; and performing preventative maintenance on all plant electrical equipment, as well as writing comprehensive logs, reports, and procedure manuals.
- Additional responsibilities include reading and utilizing PLC ladder logic, understanding, interpreting, and utilizing equipment manuals for technical clarification and requisitioning parts and material; and use of computer-based programming to access work orders, for both corrective and preventative tasks.
To be considered for this position, the individual must have at least three years’ experience in industrial plant repairs and maintenance of high voltage equipment and electronic instrumentation/control systems, along with a high school diploma and valid driver’s license. Apprenticeship training experience is desired.
Must have knowledge of:
- Basic understanding of power plant fundamentals to include boiler and turbine operation, ash handling equipment, and pollution control equipment
- Crane electrical controls
- Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMs) maintenance and troubleshooting components/analyzers
- Control valves, damper drives and process control transmitters, electronic and pneumatic controls calibration and maintenance
- MCC Controls
- Relay logic
- Process loop controller’s system
- Test, troubleshoot and preventive maintenance on various types of motors
- P&IDs, schematics and equipment manual for electrical equipment installation, trouble shooting, and programming.
- Computing skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Learn and become proficient with operating equipment, with telescoping boom and scissor lift, as well as other mobile equipment.
- Rotating on-call schedule that includes overtime, to support plant operations as needed, including nights, weekends, and holidays. May be required to work extensive overtime hours during planned and un-planned maintenance outages.
- This position requires work in all locations within the plant, under extremes of hot and cold temperatures, and in areas of dust, noise and wet conditions. Must be able to climb a ladder to access equipment and work from heights using fall protection, lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. and other manual labor to including pushing, pulling, sweeping and shoveling.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee periodically enters and inspects various plant areas with rotating machinery; is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; precarious places; confined spaces; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
Contact Person: Samantha Donnelly
Location: Honolulu, HI
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ