Employer: Alaskan Copper & Brass Company
Assisting with the purchasing of pipe, ornamental tubing, and stainless steel fittings for inventory and specials.
Required Essential Job Skills/Experience:
1. Must have a high school diploma or eqivalent or at least three years experience as a buyer or purchasing agent for a stocking distributor.
2. Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
3. Must be organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize work.
4. Must have good interpersonal skills
5. Must be able to troubleshoot, make decisions and work independently.
6. Must have basic math skills.
7. Must have excel experience.
Required Essential Job Functions/Duties:
1. Will conduct purchases assigned commodities to maintain desired inventory levels.
2. Purchases special non-stock commodities.
3. Obtain prices and delivery information for quoting purposes and prepare quotes when necessary.
4. Handling of special customer accounts.
5. Assist sales desk.
6. Other duties as required.
Desirable Job Skills/Experience:
1. Sales experience.
2. Strong product knowledge of corrosion resistant metals.
3. Inventory records management.
4. Have analytical skills.
5. College degree in applicable field.
Considered on an individual basis.
1. This position requires the following in an 8-hour workday:
Total at One Time (hours): Total During Entire 8-Hour Day:
Standing: 10 minutes up to 1 hour
Walking: 10 minutes up to 1 hour
Sitting: 2 hours 5-7 hours
2. Movement of objects and strength required for this job:
Up to 5 lbs.: FREQUENTLY (34-66%) FREQUENTLY (34-66%)
6-10 lbs.: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) OCCASIONALLY (1-33%)
11-20 lbs.: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) OCCASIONALLY (1-33%)
21-25 lbs.: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) OCCASIONALLY (1-33%)
26-50 lbs.: NEVER NEVER
3. Required repetitive use of hands:
Simply Grasping: YES
Pushing & Pulling: NO
Fine Manipulating: YES
4. Repetitive Actions/Movements Involving the Feet:
Right Foot: NO
Left Foot: NO
5. Worker Positions Required in the Performance of this Job:
Climbing: OCCASIONALLY ( 1-33%) Balancing: NEVER
Bending: OCCASIONALLY ( 1-34%) Stooping: OCCASIONALLY ( 1-34%)
Kneeling: NEVER Crouching: OCCASIONALLY ( 1-34%)
Crawling: NEVER Reaching: OCCASIONALLY (34-66%) (at and below shoulder level)
6. Sensory Requirements:
Talking and/or Hearing: YES
Depth Perception: YES
Field of Vision: YES
Color Vision: NO
7. Environmental Conditions That Are Found in the Work Site:
PHYSICAL SURROUNDINGS: X Inside (75% of time)
_ Outside (75% of time)
_ Both (equal amounts)
TEMPERATURE: _ Cold (enough to cause bodily discomfort)
_ Hot (enough to cause bodily discomfort)
_ Variations (sufficient to cause bodily reactions)
WET: _ Contact with water and/or other liquids
HUMID: _ Moisture content sufficient to cause bodily discomfort
NOISE: _ Sufficient to require hearing protection
VIBRATION: _ Sufficient to cause repeated motion or continuous shock
HAZARDS: _ Risk of bodily injury present
FUMES: _ Smoke or vapors resulting from combustion or chemical reaction
ODORS: _ Toxic or non-toxic smells
TOXIC CONDITIONS: _ Exposure to disabling fumes, dusts, gases, vapors, mists or liquids that may cause bodily harm.
DUST: _ Small particles that may cause occupational disease
POOR VENTILATION: _ Exposure to drafts or insufficient movement of air
Phone: (206) 382-7344
Location: Seattle, WA
Base Pay: DOQ