Control Systems Technician - Kent, WA
JLL is hiring a Control Systems Technician to Support Amazon’s State-of-the-art distribution center!
Are you looking for your next challenge, great pay, industry-leading benefits, and outstanding career progression? Then get ready to join the JLL team, supporting Amazon’s distribution centers! We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada.
Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As we continue to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order. We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you're looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn from the best in the industry, then we’re looking for people like you!
A proactive Controls Systems Technician (CST) will focus on equipment troubleshooting and maintaining material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, scales, HMI systems, and control cabinets.
- Maintain material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, motor control systems, servo drives, variable frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems. Profibus experience is a plus but not necessary.
- Monitor Material Handling Equipment (MHE) metrics and partner with facilities/operations for system performance issues.
- Utilize FC System Assessment reports improving material handling system performance through maintaining and repairing identified deficiencies.
- Utilize FC network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed.
- Communicate technical issues to Facilities and Operations management.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in electronic technology or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Allen Bradley products is preferred
- Experience troubleshooting RS Logix 5000 is a plus, not necessary
- Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems
- Experience with automation controls systems
- Experience with industrial robotics
- Experience with ASRS systems
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Systems control knowledge and PLC troubleshooting experience classroom or working experience
- Field service engineering experience
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of ladder logic and PLC software such as Allen Bradley RS LOGIX 500 or 5000.
- Ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot PLC’s and PLC components using relevant software.
- Ability to identify and maintain Fanuc Robotics system components is a plus, preferred at some locations
- Ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot HMI components
- Ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot control network components
- Ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components.
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
- Understand concepts of Warehouse Management System Software including Warehouse control systems
- Reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret drawings both mechanical and electrical
- Ability to identify, maintain and utilize SCADA systems and KPI's
- Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility over 1 million square feet in most cases
- Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others
Location: Kent, WA
Application Method: Online: https://jll.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/MHECareers/job/Kent-WA/Control-Systems-Technician_REQ123877?source=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ