Test Specialist (Starlink Hardware)
Redmond, WA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TEST SPECIALIST (STARLINK HARDWARE)
- Ensure satellite production test systems are operating at rate and reliability targets
- Operate automated test systems using graphical and textual interfaces written in Python and running on Linux and Windows operating systems
- First level troubleshooting of test system errors by reading and interpreting test logs and measurement data
- Develop and document procedures and train operators, for execution, maintenance, assembly, and anomaly handling
- Aid in efforts to uncover root-cause of equipment failures and develop permanent resolution on issues found during test operations
- Perform routine maintenance and calibration of rack and test equipment
- Build and validate test equipment
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years or professional experience with electronics or testing in lieu of degree
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or electrical/electronics engineering technology
- Developed, debugged and deployed software that has been used in real world applications/projects (Python preferred)
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and unit testing
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals
- Experience in moderate to high volume manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Willing to work all shifts or overtime as needed; flexibility required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location: Redmond, WA
Application Method: Online: https://boards.greenhouse.io/spacex/jobs/4868149002?gh_jid=4868149002
Base Pay: DOQ