Broadband Integration Test Technician
Redmond, WA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
BROADBAND INTEGRATION TEST TECHNICIAN
- Self-monitor work progress against fast-paced area benchmarks and achieve on time delivery of all work
- Work with integration engineers to develop and document test procedures.
- Use a wide range of test equipment (including but not limited to oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, power supplies, data acquisition systems, logic analyzers, electronic loads) to establish and maintain specialized test setups.
- Skillfully demonstrate the ability to solder (lead-based and lead-free solder usage) in order to perform electronic assembly and rework on both through-hole and surface-mount components (down to 0201 size passive components).
- Read electronic schematics to develop, and perform initial "bring up” and functional test procedures on printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs).
- Troubleshoot PCBAs at the component level to identify issues in unique PCBA designs.
- Perform tests and record test results.
- Work with design engineers to troubleshoot system/setup failures.
- Perform verifications of flight hardware and software and documenting results in a clear, precise and complete manner.
- Responsible for some preventative maintenance activities on test equipment and data acquisition systems
- Use mechanical hand tools to setup test fixtures.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 2+ years of experience with test procedure development, and in electronics troubleshooting, assembly, and rework down to the component level.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong team working skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Software skills with python.
- Familiarity in setting up and/or supporting other aspects of the environmental test lab such as shock testing, thermal and vacuum testing.
- Some experience of space, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environments.
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed.
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to travel over night and on weekends as needed for testing.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location: Redmond, WA
Application Method: Online: https://boards.greenhouse.io/spacex/jobs/4961246002?gh_jid=4961246002
Base Pay: DOQ