Industrial Automation & Controls Engineer (Starlink)
Redmond, WA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION & CONTROLS ENGINEER (STARLINK):
As a member of the Starlink tooling and automation & controls engineering team you will work with a team of elite engineers to design, build and activate custom tools critical to the production of the Starlink satellite constellation.
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process requirements, layout complexity, cost, and lead-time limits.
- Lay out new industrial electrical control panels which are NFPA79/NEC/UL508A compliant, and create electrical, pneumatic and fluid schematics.
- Architect, write, and debug PLC code with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable for manufacturing applications.
- Implement (ANSI/RIA15.06/OSHA compliant) control reliable safety systems for safeguarding robots, gantries, conveyors, and other manufacturing equipment.
- Generate aesthetically simple HMI screens for complex machinery while providing sufficient feedback for troubleshooting.
- Manage electrical cabinet builds, field wiring, pneumatic and fluid plumbing.
- Select and size electrical and electromechanical components such as servo motors and controllers.
- Deploy automated processes and equipment into production.
- Set, implement, and maintain schedules and budgets to ensure project completion.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- 3+ years of professional experience in the design and commissioning of automation and controls systems for industrial applications.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Process integration and electromechanical/mechatronic systems experience.
- Electrical Schematic CAD Experience, EPlan preferred.
- C#.NET /Python/SQL experience.
- PLC Programming, Beckhoff experience preferred.
- HMI and SCADA programming experience.
- Field bus networks, serial communication and Ethernet communication.
- Hands-on experience building and commissioning high quality electrical control panels & electro-mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of NEC, NFPA 79, UL508A codes.
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (Vision systems, dispense systems, temperature controllers, laser distance sensors, Nut-Runners, etc).
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in fast-paced iterative design and manufacturing environments.
- Experience solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location: Redmond, WA
Application Method: Online: https://boards.greenhouse.io/spacex/jobs/4923025002?gh_jid=4923025002
Base Pay: DOQ