Employer: Seattle Public Utilities
Pump Station Electrical Technician
Salary: $43.04 - $46.51 Hourly
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Classified Civil Service, Regular, Full-Time
Department: Seattle Public Utilities
Job Number: 2020-00969
Closing: 2/2/2021 4:00 PM Pacific
Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) is hiring a Pump Station Electrical Technician for SPU's Utility Operations & Maintenance Division. This is a great opportunity to work for the City of Seattle and enjoy excellent benefits, such as; health/dental insurance, City retirement, liberal time-off, training/career development opportunities. We are seeking experienced professionals with commercial, industrial or utility electrical experience [Electrical License NOT required]. If you feel this may be a good fit for you, please continue reading the position details and APPLY!
About Seattle Public Utilities (SPU): SPU is a Community Centered Utility working to make Seattle the best place to live for everyone. We deliver high quality, vital services, across four (4) major lines of business: providing water, solid waste, drainage and wastewater services for Seattle residents and businesses. In addition, SPU provides drinking water for 1.5 million regional customers in Seattle and other municipalities. Our customers depend on us to deliver high-quality, reliable, and cost-conscious utility services and to achieve the greatest benefits possible for every investment we make.
SPU commits to Our City Values, and Social Justice as core principles that guide our work. We support and hold ourselves accountable to this commitment by eliminating barriers to access and providing employees with equitable opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- This position is responsible for operating and maintaining equipment such as: motors, starters, generators, lighting, heating, ventilation system, and telemetry/SCADA systems at SPU facilities. SPU facilities include water pumps, storage facilities, wastewater lift stations, solid waste transfer stations, and combined sewer overflow sites throughout King County.
- Repair and install electrical systems ranging from 12-volt DC to 4160-volt AC
- Maintain records, procure material, enter daily time and perform other computer-related work
Provide input to update wiring diagrams, schematic, prints and as-builts
- Follow established NFPA 70E and other safety rules, National Electrical Code, and other guidelines.
- Two years journey level commercial, industrial or utility electrical experience. (Experience must be in a commercial, industrial or utility environment rather than residential.)
- Must possess a Washington driver's license prior to commencing employment.
- Washington State Journey Level Electrical License
Completion of an approved apprenticeship program is highly desired
- Experience with Maximo or other computer maintenance management systems
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience with working with 4160-volt systems
- Knowledge of motor controls and ladder logic
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work within the organizational framework of SPU Workplace Expectations including our values on Safety, Respect, Diversity, Trust, Humor, Productivity, Integrity, Innovation, and Partnership
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within a multi-cultural workforce serving a diverse customer base
- Valid First Aid Card
Work Environment/Physical Demands (successful candidate must be able to):
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions exposed to noise from motors, tools, generators, hazardous fumes, and near unsanitary live sewage
- Work on and around potentially dangerous machinery and hazardous voltage in all conditions
- Work in confined space, at heights up to 130 feet, and at depths up to 160 feet deep
- Willingness to work extended shifts, nights, evenings, weekends, holidays, and be on-call 24/7 for emergencies
- As a part of this application process, the most competitive candidates will be invited to take a written test, working test, and interview. These candidates will also be required to submit a WA “Full Record” Driver’s Abstract.
- A job offer is contingent upon the verification and successful completion of a background check, to include a criminal history check
- A Pre-Placement Physical will be required for the selected candidate
Please direct questions to Heather Baldwin-Stewart at Heather.Baldwin-Stewart@Seattle.gov
Agency: City of Seattle
Seattle Municipal Tower
700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500
Seattle, Washington, 98104
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle/jobs/2937279/pump-station-electrical-technician
Base Pay: $43.04 - $46.51 HR