Fiscal Management Analyst:
The Management Services Division of Aging and Long-Term Support Administration (ALTSA) is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual to take on the dynamic role as a Management Analyst 5 within the Finance Unit. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity located at ALTSA Headquarters in Lacey, WA.
Our mission is to transform lives by promoting choice, independence, and safety through innovative services. You'll help achieve the agency mission by providing financial guidance, coordination, and technical support to enable the division to provide high-quality financial information.
Reporting to the Accounting Unit Manager, you'll serve as a strategic expert, researching, analyzing, creating reports, and making recommendations regarding complex and often unprecedented issues that have a broad scope and significant budget or policy impact on an individual program and/or the division.
Some of what you'll do:
- Develop and document internal processes for the Accounting Unit
- Perform in-depth analysis on payment discrepancies and audit findings, present recommendations to leadership, and problem-solve complex accounting issues
- Develop and produce financial status reports as well as ad hoc reporting
- Serve as a subject matter expert for assigned grants, ensuring compliance with all OFM, federal, state, and departmental rules and regulations and grant reporting requirements
- Prepare monthly accruals, transfers, adjustments, and other journal vouchers (JVs) including bypass JVs
What we're looking for:
- Professionals with a bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or an allied field; and five years of experience working with financial data, conducting research, and analyzing policies, laws, rules, and regulations
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), SAAM, federal and state rules, and regulations and applying these principles to revenue and expenditure analysis
- Demonstrate experience creating expenditure reports, monitoring expenditures for compliance with state and federal regulations, developing projections, and providing recommendations to management
- Demonstrate experience processing complex JV’s for monthly and year-end accruals, adjustments, transfers, and allocations
- Demonstrated experience effectively using MS Excel to develop and manipulate complex spreadsheets, multiple math functions, advanced filters, and links to external sources of information. Create custom toolbars and chart types, pivot tables, import data from other sources, filter lists, and use data analysis tools
- Demonstrated proficiency using automated financial reporting tools, spreadsheets, and financial software applications
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
Questions about this opportunity? Please contact DSHS Recruiter by email and reference job number 00088.
Contact Person: Adam S
Location: Lacey, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $67,560.00 - $88,644.00 Annually