Employer: Cardinal Glass
Reporting to the IT Maintenance Supervisor, technicians are responsible for assisting with the day-to-day maintenance of computer/server software, hardware, networking, printers & other peripheral maintenance at the Hood River IG facility.
Duties include but not limited to computer systems hardware and software installation, configuration and diagnostics, as well as resolving technical and application problems.
• Promote safety within the department and throughout the plant
• Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills as primary Help Desk
• Install, configure & troubleshoot computer hardware, software and other applications on multiple OS platforms
• Implement software and hardware enhancements, updates, and programming changes as needed
• Troubleshoot network connectivity issues
• Provide technical support to end users
• Maintain systems documentation throughout the plant
• Perform other work as assigned
• Installation and Termination of Network wiring as necessary into QuickPort’s, RJ45 connectors, patch panels, etc.
• Wireless and Email configuration on Mobile devices and Desktop PCs
• Safety – Identifies and corrects conditions that affect safety.
• Excellence – Demonstrates safe, quality and productive solutions.
• Respect – Creates a positive attitude and is a champion of our Mission statements and the Vision goals.
• Teamwork – Assists all team members in meeting the department’s Vision Statement.
• Motivation – Takes action to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
• Inspiration - Can inspire themselves and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
• Dedication - Pledged to work effectively with people regardless of personal or work related issues.
o Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (MS-DOS, XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)
o VBScript comprehension
o Web based applications
o Remote Support Systems / Administration
o Active Directory
o File and Print services
o IDF, MDF & Virtual LAN Understanding
o Wireless Access Points
o Routers/Switches (Cisco)
o Protocols (TCP/IP, CANBUS, Device Net)
o VoIP / Telco
o UHF / Fiber Communications
o Video interface (Software and Hardware)
o Cat 5, 5e, 6 cables and associated terminals
Contact Person: Shane Thoms
Location: Hood River, OR
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $21.35 to 23.35 (depending on experience)