Employer: Taurus Power & Controls, Inc.
Electrical Test Technician
Taurus Power & Controls, Inc.
Full Job Description:
Servicing the Pacific Northwest, Taurus Power & Controls Inc. offers full-service, third-party, independent testing for electrical power systems and equipment. At Taurus, you can expect to be treated like family. That means support in pursuit of your passions, and always feeling like you’re essential.
For more than 35 years we have specialized in the repair, startup, testing, and troubleshooting of variable frequency drives (VFD's) and battery backup systems.
Our mission is to lead our industry by example and be a source of confidence to our customers by solving their toughest challenges in ways that are creative, smart, and lasting.
Electrical Test Technician:
Join our team to learn and become efficient, under the guidance of Senior Test technicians, in all aspects of acceptance and maintenance testing of power distribution equipment and operation of the test equipment needed to perform the job.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Test electrical apparatus such as Circuit Breakers, Switchgear, Cables, Transformers, etc....
- Operate single and multi-function Test equipment
- Perform visual and mechanical inspections of equipment
- Generate formal Test Reports
- Have the ability to regularly lift 50lbs
- Advancement to NETA technician certification available
- Microsoft Office (Microsoft 365 preferred)
- Ability to learn custom test equipment software
- Good understanding of power distribution and electrical components through education or previous experiences.
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of the hazards of working around electric circuits
- Familiarity of NETA MTS and ATS Standards
- Protective Relay Testing
- Previous schooling, work experience, or internship in an electrical trade considered
- AAS degree in electrical engineering or industrial electronics recommended
- Must maintain a drug-free status
- Must be willing to undergo a background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license or reliable transportation to get to and from the office and job sites
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter
- Demonstrate good work ethic and ability to comprehend electrical theory
- Flexibility in working hours required: work is typically 8am - 5pm during the week but occasionally after hours and weekend work is required by our customers.
- Have reliable transportation to travel to and from office or a customer's site
- Flexibility to travel to out of area jobs for up to a two-week duration. Most of our work is local but occasionally work takes place at a customer's site within Washington state, Idaho, Oregon, Alaska, or Hawaii.
- Maintain a Drug free status.
Advancement and benefits:
- Full time position (hourly) with the opportunities to work overtime
- Medical and Dental
- Life insurance, LTD Insurance
- Vision HRA
- Holiday, sick, and vacation benefits offered
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $41,000.00 - $600,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Multiple locations
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Location: Kent, WA
Application Method: Online: https://tauruspower.com/careers/
Base Pay: DOQ