Employer: Taurus Power & Controls, Inc.
Battery Systems Technician
Taurus Power & Controls, Inc.
$40,000 - $50,000 a year
Full Job Description:
Servicing the Pacific Northwest, Taurus Power & Controls Inc. offers full-service, third- party, independent testing for electrical power systems and equipment. At Taurus, you can expect to be treated like family. That means support in pursuit of your passions, and always feeling like you’re essential.
For more than 35 years we have specialized in the repair, startup, testing, and troubleshooting of variable frequency drives (VFD's) and battery backup systems.
Our mission is to lead our industry by example and be a source of confidence to our customers by solving their toughest challenges in ways that are creative, smart, and lasting.
Battery Systems Technician:
Join our Team to become a Battery Systems Technician! Taurus Power and Controls Inc. provides 24hr Emergency service to all industries on Emergency Lighting Inverters,
Battery Systems, and Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS’s). Taurus is currently seeking
Entry Level and Experienced Technicians
- Familiarity and experience Troubleshooting on any of the following Equipment
- Emergency Lighting Inverters
- Battery Chargers/Inverters
- Understanding of the Hazards in work around electric circuits
- Demonstrate good work ethic
- Report Writing
- Good customer relations and communications skills
- Self Starter
- Previous employment involving troubleshooting of battery systems and inverters preferred
- AAS degree in electrical engineering or industrial electronics or similar technical schooling required.
- Ability to work independently when required
- Flexibility in working hours required: work is typically 8am - 5pm during the week but occasionally after hours and weekend work is required by our customers.
- Have reliable transportation to travel to and from office or a customers site
- Flexibility to travel to out of area jobs for up to a two week duration. Most of our work is local but occasionally work takes place at a customers site within Oregon,
Washington, or Idaho.
Maintain a Drug free status.
Advancement and benefits:
- Full time position (hourly) with the opportunities to work overtime
- Medical and Dental insurance programs
- Holiday, sick, and vacation benefits offered
- Bonus programs
- Advance, based on proven experience and knowledge, to a Senior Field Service
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
Work Location: Multiple locations
Company's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/tauruspowerandcontrols
Work Remotely: No
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Location: Tualatin, OR
Application Method: Online: https://tauruspower.com/careers/
Base Pay: $40,000 - $50,000 YR