Employer: Calpine Corporation
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
A Plant Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the geothermal power plants in the assigned area of responsibility. An Operator uses computers and monitoring equipment to measure, record and adjust plant operating parameters. Performs a variety of operational activities such as plant equipment troubleshooting and LOTO. Assists in the development of standard operational routines, procedures and provides input to plant improvement projects to optimize plant efficiency, reliability and safety. Regularly required to maintain plant security, operate plant equipment including man-lifts, forklifts, and handle bulk chemicals offloads. An active participant in his/her training and providing training to other employees. A plant operator must be able to control and operate plant equipment to generate electrical energy safely and efficiently. Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures. Additional job duties assigned as business needs dictate.
• Journey-level; specialized technical knowledge with function.
• Performs a variety of technical service/support duties that are semi-routine in nature.
• Routine and non-routine decisions with some latitude, but still subject to approval.
• With limited guidance, prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
• Work periodically reviewed by others; work reflects solid performance of duties.
• Errors have small and possibly incremental impact on department or facility, and discovered in succeeding operations where work is verified or checked.
• Completes tasks and resolves problems that require an ability to recognize deviation from accepted practices.
• Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
• Works under general supervision.
• Prioritizes daily activities to complete tasks/projects assigned by others.
• May assist with orienting and training employees in moderately complex to complex areas.
• High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school, military service or equivalent.
• Journey-level; generally, 6 years directly related experience including understanding of health and safety regulations, and previous experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling, storage, and transport.
• Requires previous experience using test equipment and calibration appliances. Experience with machinery repair and control systems.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity, and mathematics.
• Basic certifications/licensures. Valid state driver’s license.
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3465&__jbsrc=
Contact Person: Erin Lee
Location: Middletown, CA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ