Employer: Calpine Corporation
Job Summary (including but not limited to the following; other duties may be assigned):
The IC&E Technician maintains and repairs electrical equipment and instrumentation. Monitors, maintain, and repairs, steam turbine control systems, generators, and switchgear. Maintain, calibrate and repair plant and field electrical, instrumentation, and control systems. Perform routine trouble shooting activities, to assure facilities operate in the safest, economic and efficient manner. Maintain calibrate and repair continuous compliance monitoring equipment. Maintains and repairs plant 130VDC battery systems. Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to effectively accomplish required maintenance in an efficient and organized manner. Optimize plant preventative maintenance program to meet OEM recommendations, regulatory requirements, and corporate maintenance philosophy. Responsible for assisting maintaining logs, manuals, records, drawings and operating procedures in a neat and professional manner. Provide written reports on system conditions when required. Incorporates safe behavior into all activities and consistently complies with all established safety and health policies and procedures. Helps to identify and eliminate or actively manage risks in all work activities.
• Journey-level; specialized technical knowledge with function.
• Performs a variety of technical service/support duties that are semi-routine in nature.
• Routine and non-routine decisions with some latitude, but still subject to approval.
• With limited guidance, prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
• Work periodically reviewed by others; work reflects solid performance of duties.
• Errors have small and possibly incremental impact on department or facility and discovered in succeeding operations where work is verified or checked.
• Completes tasks and resolves problems that require an ability to recognize deviation from accepted practices.
• Resolves most questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
• Works under general supervision.
• Prioritizes daily activities to complete tasks/projects assigned by others.
• May assist with orienting and training employees in moderately complex to complex areas.
• High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school or equivalent.
• Journey to Senior Level Experience; 2 to 5 years or more experience in IC&E applications.
• Strong mechanical aptitude with an advanced understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics.
• Experience with DCS programming and configuration.
• Basic to Advanced Certifications/licenses.
• Valid state driver’s license.
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3534&__jbsrc=
Contact Person: Erin Lee
Location: Middletown, CA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ