Employer: NORPAC (North Pacific Paper Company)
Electrical and Instrumentation (P&C) Technician
NORPAC Maintenance - From its world-class manufacturing facility in Longview WA., NORPAC delivers a broad range of high-quality papers to customers across the United States and around the world. NORPAC makes high-quality and environmentally conscious copy paper and printing paper grades.
NORPAC is looking for experienced Electrician & Instrumentation Technicians
Job Duties & Qualifications -
- demonstrated ability to work safely and comply with safety procedures
- excellent team and communication skills
- ability to work without direct supervision
- strong interest in learning other crafts
- basic computer skills
- willingness to work in a hot, humid and noisy environment
- must be willing to learn the skills needed to strengthen your role as a dual-craft E & I technician
- qualify in one mechanical trade
- Four years electrical and/or instrumentation apprenticeship or have graduated from a two-year program in Industrial Electricity/Electronics or Instrumentation (e.g. Perry Institute) plus two or more years of combined experience as a Journeyman Electrician or Instrumentation Technician.
- Experience in a continuous process industry is desired. You will have knowledge of electro pneumatics and hydraulics as well as effective troubleshooting skills.
- More specifically, your electrical knowledge/skills should include AC/DC drives & motor maintenance, PLCs, NEC, switchgear/medium voltage equipment, and motor elementaries & logic drawing. Your instrumentation knowledge/skills should include control valves & field instrumentation, P & IDs and loop sheets, and DCS controls.
- Prefer a person with both E and I experience
- Hourly wage starts at $38.08 and typically increases to 39.70 at 3 month with the top rate of $42.50 typically at 6 months.
- NORPAC offers a highly competitive benefit package.
- Depending on experience, qualified candidates may be eligible for additional paid time off and a signing bonus.
Location: Longview, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=17378&clientkey=F2206602DDBC5321A795F8750B0E3D82
Base Pay: Hourly wage starts at $38.08 and typically increases to 39.70 at 3 month with the top rate of $42.50 typically at 6 months.