Mechatronics and Robotics Apprentice
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Job Details -
Job Order Number: 1414519
Company Name: Commercial Real Estate
950 West Bannock Street
Boise, ID 83702
JLL is hiring a Maintenance Apprentice to Support Amazon’s State-of-the-art locations in Boise, ID!
About Maintenance at JLL Supporting Amazon’s State-of-the-art locations:
Operations is at the heart of our client’s business. They are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Their buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. Reliability Maintenance & Engineering (RME) are the business partners that work tirelessly behind the scenes to make it all happen. We drive continuous improvement, and maintain all of the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to ensure our customers are met with the Amazon smile. Come join us, on our journey!
About the Role:
Learns to perform the job of Mechatronics Junior Technician and install, alter, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electronic, mechanical, computer, control, and robotics/automation equipment, systems, and components in a complex fulfillment/distribution center through the completion of a comprehensive classroom, laboratory, and on-the-job learning program. Trains in and adheres to all health and safety policies and procedures.
What Do We Offer?
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together-across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success. Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
As an Apprentice:
- Follows work processes closely at school and on the shop floor to ensure a safe environment while job shadowing with technical advisor in OJL.
- Communicates and works well within a team environment both in school and in OJL.
- Works capably with technical documentation.
- Works capably with a computer both in school and on the shop floor.
- Learns to perform work with material transfer conveyors by following the lead of experienced technical advisors.
- Learns to understand, identify, locate malfunctions, remove, replace, adjust, and return to service following the lead of experienced technical advisors.
- Learns PLCs and works with Automation Engineers in a laboratory environment.
- Learns to perform work with robotic systems and work with Robotics Engineers and OEMs in a real environment.
- Combines electronic, mechanical, computer and control skills at the workplace.
- Works with complex high-performance manufacturing systems and analyzes, troubleshoots and repairs systems to maintain process efficiency.
As a Technician:
- Understands and analyzes the technical specifications of mechatronic systems, subsystems, modules and components.
- Performs scheduled, predictive, and preventive maintenance to detect and prevent problems.
- Uses troubleshooting skills to identify and prevent possible problems and failures, and to systematically and intelligently make repairs.
- Incorporates relevant technical literature into the understanding of system operation and coordinate efforts with other technicians involved in installing or maintaining equipment or components
- Installs, repairs, adjusts, and tests equipment and components to ensure that systems function properly.
- Communicates with machine operators, and operate equipment to detect equipment problems, analyze malfunctions, and verify system problems
- Observes and incorporates safety standards and regulations required for safe operation of the system.
- 18 years old or older with a high school diploma or GED.
- Must meet the minimum qualifying score on a Mechanical Aptitude Test.
- Applicants must be able to perform all physical duties of a skilled labor associate (i. e. heavy lifting, prolonged standing, bending, twisting and reaching).
- Applicants must be willing to attend training at one of 3 training sites in Indiana, Pennsylvania or Texas for 12 weeks.
- Applicants must be able to work any shift.
JLL Privacy Notice:
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our page > I want to work for JLL.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
Location: Boise, ID
Application Method: Online: https://idahoworks.gov/ada/r/jobs/1414519
Base Pay: DOQ