Employer: Yakima Chief Hops
Job Title: Journeyman Level Electrician
Reports to: Automation/controls Manager
1. High School diploma, GED or equivalent preferred but not required.
2. Electrical Technical training certificate or apprenticeship preferred but not required.
3. General or Specialty Journeyman Electrician license preferred; or 2 years related experience/training and plan to obtain licensure; must maintain license.
4. Ability to install and maintain Electrical Power and control systems in accordance with NEC and local code.
5. Ability to use a computer for industrial automation installation, maintenance, and programming.
6. Ability to understand electrical and control schematics, one-line diagrams, and equipment manuals.
7. Ability to travel for project work, mandatory.
8. Ability to be called in to repair equipment on weekends and nights.
9. Ability to work overtime as required to meet project deadlines.
10. Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
11. Must be strongly detail oriented and be able to easily multi-task.
12. Should be able to independently initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
13. Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor and management.
14. Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
15. Follow written (Standard Operating Procedures -SOP’s, company memos & emails) and verbal Instructions.
16. Familiarity with plant equipment operation and SOPs.
17. Possess a strong work and safety ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policy and quality policy.
18. Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
19. Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time and access stairs and ladders.
20. Ability to bend, stoop, squat occasionally to frequently.
21. Ability to work in hot, cold, noisy areas and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (in required areas) for extended periods of time.
22. Ability to lift (up to 50 lbs), carry (up to 44 lbs) occasionally to frequently within normal limits.
23. Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly.
24. Must be able to learn ERP systems to perform data entry & print reports.
25. Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
26. Ability to speak Spanish, a plus.
Provide electrical and Control Systems services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; installing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading electrical systems and equipment; assisting other skilled trades; and ensuring that tools and materials are available at job site.
1. Assemble, install, test, diagnose malfunctions and maintain electrical power equipment, motor controls, PLC controls, instrumentation, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools, power tools and test equipment in accordance with NEC and local codes.
2. Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
3. Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
4. Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
5. Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
6. Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
7. Assist the Lead Mechanic and Maintenance manager to rebuild the machines if necessary.
8. Continuously look for ways to improve process efficiency and notify immediate supervisor of observations and recommendations.
9. Meet with department supervisor and team members to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
10. Work in conjunction with Lean Manufacturing Principles in the Pellet Plant.
11. Maintain sanitary and safe work environment and follow safety requirements.
12. May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
13. Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
14. Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
15. Must adhere to all company policies.
16. Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
17. Follow all SOPs.
18. Verify and sign off on trainee’s hours for Labor and Industries as required.
19. Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
Contact Person: Denisse Gutierrez
Location: Sunnyside, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ