Employer: Perry Technical Institute
Instructor-Plumbing Technician Program - Yakima, WA
This is a full time, year-round teaching appointment in the Plumbing Technician program. This position will report to the Plumbing Technician Department Head.
Duties are performed in a classroom and lab environment. Working conditions will align with the career and technical education field as follows:
Career and technical education teachers, especially those in postsecondary schools, teach courses and develop lesson plans. [They will normally work in a building and perform tasks such as word processing, telephone calls, emails, and lecturing. Career and technical educators will also spend time supervising students in a simulated lab environment.]
This is an exempt, full-time, regular position.
SALARY RANGE: DOQ
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, prescription, 401(k) with profit share and matching, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, employee assistance plan, paid sick leave, up to 5 weeks of scheduled breaks, 11 paid holidays, 4-day work weeks and more.
- Must have three (3) years of related practical work experience in the subject area(s) taught, as required by all faculty teaching technical and occupationally related courses in non-degree program.
- Must hold a valid Journey Level Plumber (01) certificate through the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to interface with industry.
- Will on occasion be required to drive on behalf of Perry Technical Institute. Employee must possess a working vehicle, hold a valid driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record, and produce proof of insurance.
- Must be willing to consent to a drug test.
- Certificate of completion from an accredited career school in the subject area(s) taught or associate’s degree.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Excellent lecture skills.
- Knowledge and skill in industry.
- Ability to integrate industry scenarios and role playing into instruction.
- Ability to contribute to curriculum development and skilled at bringing the business community to the classroom.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach in a hands-on lecture and lab environment.
- Participate in course and program development.
- Maintain compliance with state and national accrediting agencies.
- Remain current in industry.
- Interact with other departments in pursuing the institution’s goals and objectives, including Admissions and Career Services.
- Complete and maintain an ongoing professional growth plan.
- Attend and complete new instructor orientation and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=24928&clientkey=82B497C78D856557AF696B0975762145
Base Pay: DOQ