DCYF Maintenance Mechanic 1 - Chehalis, WA
Salary: $3,987.00 - $4,509.00 Monthly
Location: Lewis County – Chehalis, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept of Children, Youth, and Families
Job Number: 2020-08496
Closing: 1/13/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
The Department of Children, Youth, and Families is a new cabinet agency in Washington State that has been established to deliver services in a way that produces better outcomes for children, youth, and families served by the State of Washington.
Our vision is that "All Washington's children and youth grow up safe and healthy-thriving physically, emotionally, and educationally, nurtured by family and community."
DCYF is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic 1 to join our team at Green Hill School. This job supports the mission of our agency by completing a variety of maintenance work at a JR Minimum Security Community Facility that serves adjudicated male youth. You will perform sub journey-level work in general repairs, alteration, repair and maintenance of buildings, facilities and equipment. Our ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience in building and/or equipment maintenance or general repair work, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to professionalism.
Some of what you will do:
- Perform maintenance work, including repair work and grounds keeping for the community facility.
- Perform sub journey-level work in carpentry, painting, plumbing, steam fitting, electrical, mechanical or machinist work without direct supervision.
- Perform routine maintenance inspections of facility and grounds.
- Complete monthly reports for the maintenance of vehicles, HVAC systems, and equipment inspection.
- Operate hand and power tools, drill presses, skill saw, emery wheels and other shop equipment as needed.
- Complete minor repair work on building fixtures, plumbing, heating and air conditioning lines, laundry and kitchen equipment, motors and electrical appliances.
- Operate automotive equipment to transport materials and supplies.
- Perform basic arithmetic and mathematic calculations.
- Perform and/or schedule routine automobile maintenance.
- Order and maintain facility maintenance supplies.
- Maintain facility grounds including mowing, weeding, spraying, watering, and snow removal.
- Instruct staff and youth in use and care of facility equipment.
- Provide supervision and teach youth basic maintenance skills.
- High school diploma or a GED equivalency.
- Two years of general work experience in building and equipment maintenance, construction or repair work.
- Valid driver's license.
- Demonstrated history of excellent attendance and reliability, necessary to meet the high daily demands of the job schedule.
- Demonstrated history of accurately following written and verbal instruction or direction.
- Demonstrated history of providing outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to maintain a courteous and professional working relationship with customers.
How do I apply?
Complete and submit the online application. Please ensure your applicant profile is complete, the initial screening will be based on the content and completeness of your application.
- Applicants selected for an interview will be required to pass a national fingerprint background check and complete a questionnaire mandated by the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) inquiring about any sexual misconduct. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job.
- This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- The initial screening will be based on the content and completeness of your application and the materials submitted. All information may be verified and documentation may be required. Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
- DCYF is an equal opportunity employer and supports equity, diversity, inclusion and respect.
- Need accommodation throughout the application/interview process? Unable to apply on-line? Contact the Recruitment team at email@example.com or (360) 407-1428 or the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf at 800-833-6388
Experiencing technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application? Call NEOGOV toll-free at (855)524-5627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To take advantage of Veteran's preference please attach your DD-214, member 4 long form, or your NGB-22. Please black out your social security number prior to attaching.
- General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the job.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing.
Agency: State of Washington
Location: Lewis County – Chehalis, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/2943618/dcyf-maintenance-mechanic-1-chehalis?department=Dept%20of%20Children%2C%20Youth%2C%20and%20Families&sort=PostingDate%7CDescending&page=4&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $3,987 - $4,509 MO