DCYF Maintenance Mechanic 2 - Chehalis, WA
Salary: $4,286.00 - $4,855.00 Monthly
Location : Lewis County – Chehalis, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept of Children, Youth, and Families
Job Number: 2020-08497
Closing: 1/13/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
The Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) was created to be a comprehensive agency exclusively dedicated to the social, emotional, and physical well-being of children, youth, and families regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or other socioeconomic factors. We believe our workforce should reflect the communities we serve, and are actively searching for candidates that reflect that diversity.
We're looking for a Maintenance Mechanic 2 to join our team to perform a variety of skilled trades work, working toward the common goal of eliminating child and youth outcome disparities based on race and ethnicity. Our vision is that "All Washington's children and youth grow up safe and healthy-thriving physically, emotionally, and educationally, nurtured by family and community."
We need your trades experience to perform a variety of skilled work at Green Hill School. You will perform work in operations, maintenance, repair, remodeling, and construction of buildings, grounds, plant machinery, mechanical facilities and equipment, and systems and equipment. We seek an individual who has a work history showing team commitment, job accomplishment, and strong work ethic. We strive to provide prompt, accurate, economical, and friendly service every time, all the time.
Some of what you'll do:
- Fabricate and repair metal doors/cells, locks, window locks, door security and electrical relays and other security mechanics.
- Assist in maintaining Green Hill School security key system.
- Operate automotive equipment to transport materials and supplies.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on all types of mechanical equipment such as laundry and kitchen equipment, motors, and electrical appliances, and vehicle/cart repair.
- Independently perform skilled machinists work in welding, metal fabrication, and fabrication of equipment and materials constructed in trade shops in accordance with project requirements.
- Inspect and maintain kitchen, laundry, shop tools, and related equipment throughout the facility.
- Operate, inspect, and maintain campus motorized equipment, hand tools, power tools, and other shop equipment.
What we're looking for:
High school graduation and four years of general work experience in building and equipment maintenance, construction or repair work..
In addition to those required qualifications, our ideal applicant will also have some or all of the following:
- Knowledge of practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in mechanical trades; safety precautions.
- Ability to work from verbal descriptions, blue prints, constructions drawings, plans, and sketches; estimate materials and time needed to complete assigned job.
How do I apply?
Complete the online application.
To take advantage of Veteran's preference please attach your DD-214, member 4 long-form, or your NGB-22. Please black out your social security number prior to attaching.
- The initial screening will be based on the content and completeness of your application and the materials submitted. All information may be verified and documentation may be required. Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal history will be conducted. Applicants selected for an interview will be required to pass a national fingerprint background check and complete a questionnaire mandated by the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) inquiring about any sexual misconduct. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- DCYF is an equal opportunity employer and supports equity, diversity, inclusion and respect.
- This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Need accommodation throughout the application/interview process? Unable to apply on-line? Contact the Talent Acquisition Specialist David Ozment at email@example.com or (360) 407-1428 or the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf at 800-833-6388.
- Experiencing technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application? Call NEOGOV toll-free at (855)524-5627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing.
Agency: State of Washington
Location: Lewis County – Chehalis, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/2943363/dcyf-maintenance-mechanic-2-chehalis?department=Dept%20of%20Children%2C%20Youth%2C%20and%20Families&sort=PostingDate%7CDescending&page=4&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $4,286 - $4,855 MO