Employer: Best Plumbing
Customer Service Representative
Reports To: Showroom Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- ROLE -
SUMMARY: Provides administrative support to sales and showroom staff. Meets and greets customers in the
Best Plumbing Showroom. Ensures professional appearance and cleanliness of the showroom for customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist in data entry into accounting program for bids and ordering.
• Provide research assistance for bids and orders for sales staff.
• Assist with customer service issues including but not limited to:
o Product and / or order trouble shooting
o Warranty administration
o Product care
• Handle client appointment scheduling.
• Greet customers and introduces them to Best Plumbing Showroom.
• Organize literature, vendor catalogs, and Showroom pricing information.
• Maintains Showroom cleanliness, upkeep, and supports scheduling of maintenance.
• Create specifications book for sales team as needed.
• Execute year end showroom inventory duties.
• Oversee SPIFF program for showroom employees.
• Assist with product pick up and will call duties.
• Create and administers Job Cost delivery schedules, requested by Showroom Manager or Project
• Opening and closing procedure lead, includes but not limited to preparing displays for demos, coffee
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- QUALIFICATIONS -
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED and one year of experience in a sales/customer service role or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Superior phone, organization, multitasking, and customer service skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to compile routine reports and correspondence and respond effectively to public comments.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and employees.
- Computer skills: knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as Internet
- Basic math skills: ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, taxes, and sums.
- Knowledge of industry is preferred but not required.
- WORKING CONDITIONS -
To perform the job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear on the telephone and in person with
individuals and groups. The incumbent may carry materials weighing up to 25 lbs. The incumbent is required to
read and respond to documents in hard copy and electronic form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, with a moderate noise level.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: How To Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include: The job you are applying for Your resume A few sentences about yourself and why you feel you are a good fit for the position.
Base Pay: DOQ