Employer: Best Plumbing
Reports To: Service Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- ROLE -
Responsible for assisting Journeyman or Specialty plumber at homes, residences, and
occasionally light commercial applications. Supports the assembly, installation and repairs of pipes,
fittings and water fixtures, drainage systems and radiant heating.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Assist in the repair, installation, and the replacement of existing plumbing fixtures including toilets,
faucets, sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units,
dishwashers, and water softeners.
• Assist in the repair and maintenance of a variety of plumbing systems
• Assist in the installation of new plumbing supply and waste lines according to local building
• Assist in the location/repair of leaks inside and outside the home or commercial building.
• Develop and utilize solid customer service skills to maintain client relationships.
• Engages in demolition associated with plumbing.
• Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle.
• Observe pressure gauges to fix leaks.
• Test pipe systems and fix leaks.
• Perform scheduled maintenance as directed.
• Maintains van inventory, cleanliness, and organization.
• Attends service meetings
• Participate in code training classes.
• Keep apprenticeship card and certification valid at all times.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- QUALIFICATIONS -
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to four years plumbing apprentice and/or
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Washington State Plumber Trainee Certificate.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Mechanically inclined.
• General understanding of hand tool usage.
• Safety and first aid.
• Ability to perform physical tasks for extended period of time.
- WORKING CONDITIONS -
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend,
crouch, crawl, stoop, kneel; regular use of hands, reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The
employee must regularly lift light and heavy objects up to 100 lbs and be able to push or pull up to 200
lbs. with mechanical aid, climb ladders, and use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to noise, dirt, dust, grease, raw
sewage, fumes, small spaces, extreme temperatures and weather.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: How To Apply: Email email@example.com and include: The job you are applying for Your resume A few sentences about yourself and why you feel you are a good fit for the position.
Base Pay: DOQ