Fiscal Specialist Supervisor
Salary: $43,392.00 - $58,260.00 Annually
Location: Lincoln County – Other, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 20DOT-ER-60269
Closing: 1/19/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world's longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world's widest tunneling project.
WSDOT is currently seeking a Fiscal Specialist Supervisor in Davenport, WA to carry out clerical, supervisory and administrative responsibilities while simultaneously representing the area maintenance office. In this role, you will process payments and reimbursements, review payroll for accuracy, assist with travel arrangements, and provide oversight of the Third Party Damage program. In this role, you will provide assistance to the general public and trucking industry with special motor vehicle and oversized/overweight permits; as well as, work as part of a team to assist staff members at the site. The individual selected for this opportunity must be detail oriented, have the ability to multitask and be a personable and professional representative of WSDOT.
What to Expect:
The Fiscal Specialist Supervisor will supervise office support staff and implement complex administrative duties; as well as coordinate work methods, flow, and functions for the Area Maintenance Office.
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, you will:
- Supervise, train, and provide guidance for office support staff; prioritizing and distributing work assignments.
- Review employee payroll and leave data; and other payroll related functions.
- Supervise and assist with voucher payment processing, reimbursements, and supply order processing.
- Assist supervisors and employees with understanding and completing paperwork, training, and reports.
- Oversee the coffee program for 7 safety rest areas.
- Oversee the Area 3rd Party Damage Program.
- Provide excellent customer service with internal and external customers.
- Assist Supervisors with hiring, scheduling, and laying off seasonal employees, as well has assisting with new hire paperwork and training.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in office procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and use of office machines (computers, fax machine, scanning, printing, and copying).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with the ability to communicate with various staff by phone, email, or other written correspondence in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to pass eSnoopi training, within 6 months of employment, in order to process Commercial Vehicle Oversize/Overweight permits to WSDOT and external walk-in customers.
- Valid Driver’s License to make bank deposits.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
Three (3) years of experience at a level equivalent to a Fiscal Technician 2.
Experience supervising/leading work of others.
- Work-Life Balance – We are committed to ensure that our staff experience the reward of public service, while also sustaining a routine that suits each individuals’ lifestyle.
- Paid Leave – In addition to 10 paid holidays, full-time employees earn up to 25 paid vacation days per year!
- Tuition Assistance – Permanent employees have several options for assistance with education expenses, including tuition reimbursement programs, government discounts at participating colleges throughout the state, and eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
- Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
Check out this video to learn more: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
- An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
- An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications, and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
- Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in, or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed Recruiter.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.USCIS.gov
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Rachel Giese at email@example.com. Please be sure to reference 20DOT-ER-60269 in the subject line.
Agency: State of Washington
Location: Davenport, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/2945805/fiscal-specialist-supervisor
Base Pay: $43,392 - $58,260 YR