Employer: Astria Health
Biomedical Engineer (Req # 4927):
Astria Sunnyside Hospital - Sunnyside, WA
The Astria Health system, headquartered in the heart of the state of Washington’s wine country in the beautiful Yakima Valley, is the largest non-profit healthcare system based in Eastern Washington. Astria Health is the parent non-profit organization of Astria Sunnyside Hospital and Astria Toppenish Hospital and delivers care throughout the Valley through its Astria Health Hospitals and its Astria Ambulatory Care model focused on delivering the highest level of ambulatory and outpatient care in convenient locations in both the Lower and Upper Yakima Valley. Astria Ambulatory Care is designed to meet the changing lifestyles and diverse needs of those living and working throughout the region.
Committed to investing in a continuum of care for the people who live and work throughout Eastern Washington, Astria Health's goal is to build sustainable, locally-based, healthcare organizations that improve health for those we serve.
Implement, maintain, repair, and provide technical support for all biomedical equipment at Sunnyside Hospital & Clinics and any other entity the hospital is contracted to support. Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment within the hospital’s responsibility. Collaborate with the Information Systems and Plant Services departments as needed to support organizational goals as related to patient care and equipment. Evaluate products and systems for possible use in any facility within the hospital’s responsibility. Maintain up to date documentation and work orders for all work performed. Generate invoices for outside customers as required.
- At least two years of biomedical experience in a hospital or similar setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Excellent analytical, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Basic electrical, electronic, and computer skills necessary for implementing and repairing modern biomedical equipment.
- Good listening skills.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Ability to operate required test and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to lift and move equipment between clinical and repair areas as needed.
- Ability to operate computer equipment used to fulfil job duties.
Location: Sunnyside, WA
Application Method: Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/sunnyside/#/job/2724
Base Pay: DOQ