Employer: Amazon Web Services
Data Center Security Specialist Intern
Job ID: 1322509 | Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a Data Center Security Specialist Intern to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team.
As a Data Center Security Specialist Intern, you will be tasked with driving operational security excellence within our Data Centers. Your constant vigilance will discover physical security gaps and shortcomings, which you will drive to fix. You will interface and direct vendors involved in new security construction, repairs, daily security operations and patrols, and planning. You will extract metrics and observe improvements by looking at hard data. You will make suggestions on improving electronic surveillance and access controls. You will direct efforts to educate data center occupants on false alarm reductions. You will write and implement security process and procedures. Your position will require you to write reports, create presentations and communicate with management on the status of physical security operations.
Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
· In pursuit of an Associate’s Degree within Criminology/Criminal Justice or relevant technical field with a graduation date of Summer 2021 – Summer 2022.
· In pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree within Criminology/Criminal Justice or relevant technical field with a graduation date of December 2021 - Summer 2022.
· In pursuit of an Associate’s Degree within Criminology/Criminal Justice or relevant field with a graduation date of June 2021 – Summer 2022.
· Interested in investigating accidents, thefts, disturbances, discrepancies.
· Desire to work in a facility and observe security gaps in physical barriers, security officer procedure, policies, surveillance equipment, and alarm points.
· Knowledge of access control and video surveillance software applications (eg. LENEL or C-cure)
· Ability to drive campaigns to reduce nuisance alarms.
· Knowledge of workflow ticketing and extraction of performance metrics.
· Ability to write detailed reports.
· Desire to teach others the proper security processes and methods.
· Detailed and data driven experiences that exemplify Amazons Leadership Principles.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Application Method: Online: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1322509/data-center-security-specialist-intern
Base Pay: DOQ