Employer: Spokane Transit
Building Maintenance Specialist - HVAC:
Spokane Transit is in the early stages of a dynamic 10-year plan called STA Moving Forward. The purpose of this plan is to maintain, improve, and expand transit services throughout Spokane County to meet the needs of our growing community. We are currently searching for a skilled Building Maintenance Specialist with journeyman level HVAC experience to join our facilities and grounds maintenance team.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A BUILDING MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST:
As a Building Maintenance Specialist with HVAC experience, you are responsible for performing journeyman level maintenance and repair on heat pumps, air conditioners, natural gas furnaces, and other HVAC systems on Spokane Transit's new and existing buildings, and equipment and grounds. You may also work on small gasoline engines, hoists, vehicle washers, overhead doors, compressors, steam cleaners, environmental controls, plumbing fixtures, carpentry, and masonry. As you apply your knowledge and skills in HVAC repair and general facilities maintenance, you will assure that your team is able to successfully carry out STA’s preventative maintenance program.
- Five years of experience repairing, maintaining and installing industrial heating, air conditioning, and natural gas equipment.
- Possession of current HVAC license and knowledge of applicable codes and regulations.
- Considerable knowledge of heating and air conditioning equipment including heat pumps, natural gas furnaces, gas engines, ARC and acetylene welding, brazing, and hydraulics.
- A valid driver's license from Washington or Idaho with a relatively clean record
- The ability to obtain a Commercial Driver's License (We do the training & testing!)
YOU MIGHT HAVE:
- Heating Mechanic, Boiler/Pressure Vessel, electrical Specialty, Plumbing, Welding, HVAC, Pesticide/Herbicide, Elevator, Masonry, Contractor, Carpentry, Telecommunications, Locksmith, OR City of Spokane Heating Mechanic license.
- College level course work or training in related technical areas may be substituted for up to two years of the required work experience.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Inspect, test, clean and repair heat pumps, air conditioners, natural gas furnaces, small gas engines, and plumbing fixtures.
- Diagnose, inspect, test, adjust, repair and replace complete or integral parts of mechanical equipment or systems.
- Repair electrical wiring, lights, circuit breakers, switches and controls.
- Oversee preventative maintenance program in conjunction with the Facilities and Grounds Foreman.
WE HAVE GREAT BENEFITS!
In addition to the career opportunity, a competitive salary, and the areas’ recreational activities, we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Wage range of $22.20 - $30.65/hour
- Additional wage premium for specific certifications
- Annual pay step increases
- Tool, boot, and clothing allowance
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $25/month
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- 7 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. A cover letter and resume are strongly preferred when applying. If you have questions regarding this position or need assistance, please contact Jeff Smith, HR Specialist, via email email@example.com. This position is open until filled.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Location: Spokane, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.spokanetransit.com/employment/job-listings/building-maintenance-specialist
Base Pay: DOQ