Employer: Jubilant HollisterStier LLC
Maintenance Technician II/III
LOCATION: Spokane, WA, USA | Minneapolis, MN, USA | Atlanta, GA, USA | Portland Oregon | Denver, CO, USA | Anaheim, CA USA | Seattle, WA, USA | Dallas, TX | Chicago, IL, USA | Sacramento, CA, USA
COMPANY: Jubilant HollisterStier Spokane
Jubilant HollisterStier LLC provides a complete range of services to support the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries. The Allergy business is a worldwide leader in the manufacture of allergenic extracts, targeted primarily at treating allergies and asthma. Jubilant HollisterStier is also a nationally recognized contract manufacturer of sterile injectable vials, and lyophilized products. Jubilant HollisterStier is owned by Jubilant Life Sciences.
This position is basedat our Spokane, Washington facility.
The Maintenance Technician II/III performs manufacturing and facility equipment preventative maintenance, installation and repairs as assigned. The Tech III holds resonsiblity with regard to all controls, electrical projects, and equipment repair. Will be assigned specific sets of machines for which responsibility is given to support all Maintenance tasks related to preventive maintenance, upkeep and repair. To support facility work-orders initiated by Maintenance Management or Project Engineering Personnel. Essential responsibilities include:
- Must be able to work independently and complete work orders in a professional and timely manner.
- Coordinate with department owners to perform preventative maintenance as established in department procedures.
- Must have a basic understanding of equipment maintenance functions and knowledge of equipment troubleshooting.
- Must be able to work with interdisciplinary teams to identify problems, inefficiencies, recommend possible solutions and communicate potential problems when conflicts exist.
- Read and understand machine blue prints, including machine drawings, P&ID diagrams, electrical drawings, schematics for pneumatic, gas supply, vacuum and high pressure piping systems.
- Must have a basic understanding of DC, AC circuits and measuring techniques. May be required to provide low voltage (<480V) electrical assistance while providing support for equipment installations, maintenance work orders, etc.
- Responsible for understanding the proper use of engineering and maintenance documentation, which is required under cGMPs. Examples include the Maintenance Work Order System, the Critical Change System, SOP documentation, Validation documentation, etc.
- provide on call after hour and weekend support for facility and equipment related issues.
- Provide controls expertise on programmable logic controllers (PLCs), loop control equipment and operator interface devices. These controllers may be used in sterilizers, lyophilizers, filling machines, air handlers, chillers, vial cappers, etc. Responsibilities include trouble shooting and repairs, performance of preventive maintenance, provide programming changes when required.
- Must be able to communicate this programming information to others in an informative way.
- May be required to provide low voltage (<480V) electrical assistance while providing support for facility renovations, equipment installations, maintenance work orders, etc.
- Read and understand construction and machine blue prints, including machine drawings, building construction floor plans, P&ID diagrams, electrical drawings, schematics for pneumatic, gas supply, vacuum and high pressure piping systems.
- Individual must understand DC, AC circuits, motor control and measuring techniques.
- Responsible for understanding the proper use of engineering and maintenance documentation, which is required under cGMPs. Examples include the Maintenance Work Order System, the Critical Change Request System, SOP documentation, Validation documentation, etc.
- Write and make revisions to documentation such as SOP’s, CCR’s and citical drawings.
- Provide technical leadership on critical repairs and new equipment installations as requested by the maintenance management staff.
- High school diploma or Equivalent required. Associates of Science degree and/or Technical Certification desired.
- Must be able to read and understand machine blue prints.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical, FDA, or other regulated industry desired.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including overtime) required.
- Physical Requirements:
Ability to lift 60 lbs unassisted, 20/30 near-point corrected vision. Must be able to work in aseptic areas and confined spaces. Exposure to allergens. Job work will require the Technician to move throughout the facility on an as needed basis.
Tech II (including above):
- Must have 3 years Lyophilization and/or Industrial Refrigeration experience.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience required.
Tech III (including above):
- Must possess the knowledge typically attained through successful completion of a two year degree in an applicable technical discipline or a technical certification (Tech III).
- Must have 5 years Lyophilization and/or Industrial Refrigeration experience.
- Miniumum of 5 years related experience required.
- Mechanical Aptitude required.
Jubilant HollisterStier is a great place to grow!
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Jubilant HollisterStier is an EEO/AA Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you require assistance applying for a position, please contact our HR Department at:
Location: Spokane, WA
Application Method: Online: https://jubilantcareer.jubl.com/JubilantCareersPortal/job_desc.html?jobId=22647&jobCnt=USA
Base Pay: DOQ