Employer: Jubilant HollisterStier LLC
Technician II, Maintenance - HVAC
LOCATION: Spokane, WA, USA
COMPANY: Jubilant HollisterStier Spokane
Jubilant HollisterStier LLC provides a complete range of services to support the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries. The Allergy business is a worldwide leader in the manufacture of allergenic extracts, targeted primarily at treating allergies and asthma. Jubilant HollisterStier is also a nationally recognized contract manufacturer of sterile injectable vials, and lyophilized products. Jubilant HollisterStier is owned by Jubilant Life Sciences.
The HVAC Maintenance Technician II is responsible for the facility’s HVAC equipment throughout the manufacturing facility. The HVAC technician is responsible for performing installs, repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including: refrigeration (cold boxes and lyophilizers), chillers, air conditioning, chilled water systems, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, intake and exhaust fans, economizers, dehumidifiers, split systems, and air compressors. This position also supports electrical projects initiated by Maintenance work orders, Maintenance Management or Project Engineering personnel.
Essential responsibilities are:
- Troubleshoot problems, repair, and perform preventative maintenance on HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Provide low voltage (<480V) electrical assistance, as required, and provide support for facility renovations, equipment installations, maintenance work orders, etc.
- Read and understand construction and machine blue prints, to include machine drawings, building construction floor plans, P&ID diagrams, electrical drawings, schematics for pneumatic, gas supply, vacuum and high pressure piping systems.
- Understands all types of HVAC systems and how each component within the system operates in conjunction with the other components and how that impact the overall operations of the system as a whole.
- Understand AC/DC circuits, motor controls, and measuring techniques.
- Order and maintain parts needed to repair and maintain HVAC Equipment.
- Manage relationship with all major vendor accounts.
- Understand the proper use of engineering and maintenance documentation required under cGMPs. Examples include the Maintenance Work Order System, the Critical Change Request System, SOP documentation, Validation documentation, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate of Science desired. HVAC Certification required.
- Mechanic I and O6A licenses required.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience required and 10 years related experience desired. Technical education will be considered as part of required experience.
- Must have at least 5 years of electrical experience in a regulated industry, preferably pharmaceutical manufacturing. Maintenance or field service experience is a plus.
- Must possess knowledge typically attained through successful completion of a two year degree in a technical discipline or a technical certification with minimum of 3 years practical experience in a process controls or applications type position. This includes the ability to write complex and detailed reports to document work completed.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including overtime) required.
- Physical Requirements:
Ability to lift 60 lbs unassisted, 20/30 near-point corrected vision, exposure to allergens, working aseptic and confined areas, pushing/pulling, and travel throughout facility. Must be able to achieve and maintain aseptic gown certification for working/troubleshooting in aseptic manufacturing environments.
Jubilant HollisterStier is a great place to grow!
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Jubilant HollisterStier is an EEO/AA Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you require assistance applying for a position, please contact our HR Department at:
Location: Spokane, WA
Application Method: Online: https://jubilantcareer.jubl.com/JubilantCareersPortal/job_desc.html?jobId=20196&jobCnt=USA
Base Pay: DOQ