The Patient Services Coordinator is the initial point of contact for patients at our outpatient clinics. The Patient Services Coordinator performs a variety of critical functions to maintain the clinical flow and to ensure patients receive care as ordered in a timely fashion.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES, include:
1. Updates patient information, provides any required forms to complete, and obtains signatures as necessary.
2. Prepares charts for each clinical session and ensures lab, diagnostic test results, history & physical examinations or other documentation are in charts as appropriate.
3. Schedules patients for appointments as needed, including consultation and diagnostic appointments for patients per provider/assistant request and documents such.
4. Schedules transportation and/or interpreters for patient as needed.
5. Verifies insurance eligibility as appropriate.
6. Provides telephone coverage. Utilizes good customer service practices for all callers.
7. Responds to patient requests expeditiously, maintaining an efficient clinical flow.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
Experience: One year experience as a medical receptionist or other related field preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
Virginia Mason Memorial, part of the Virginia Mason Health System, is made up of a 226-bed hospital as well as 20+ primary care and specialty care practices/services. We are a nonprofit community hospital that has served Central Washington's Yakima Valley for more than 60 years. We are seeking remarkable employees with a passion for patients and customer service to add to our growing team!
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan including medical, dental, vision coverage, plus a generous 401K plan (with matching!), life insurance options, competitive compensation, an employee wellness clinic and leadership development and education.
Why do we do what we do? As the region's leading health care provider and Yakima's largest employer, we believe that by improving health, we can transform Yakima! Our vision is to "create healthy communities one person at a time." This means that each member of our award-winning team works to provide our patients, and their families, with the best medical and individual care possible. We work together to demonstrate our values of Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Stewardship, and Innovation for everyone who walks through our doors, patients and coworkers alike. We would love to hear from you!
"Virginia Mason Memorial provides reasonable accommodations to assist qualified individuals in order to perform the essential duties/requirements their job requires. The description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements and serves as merely a summary rather than a complete listing of duties. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve. This job description does not constitute a contract as employment is at will."
Base Pay: DOQ