Electronic Technician 4 - Spokane Valley, WA
Keytronic is a team-based, supportive environment where everyone is able to feel encouraged and supported. We provide opportunities for growth through seminars, certifications, on-the-job training, and career advancement. Our team and employees are proud of our product diversity and team environment. We are an international company where you will do something different every day in our fast-paced work environment, but we are always finding ways to create something new and be innovative.
We encourage you to apply for this position if you enjoy being challenged, working in a dynamic work setting, and being a part of a team that creates products that drive our world, while providing an innovative workplace with deep camaraderie, compelling product diversity, and resources to build your career.
Keytronic provides competitive salaries and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Vacation, Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401K. We also have a company provided wellness program because we care about the wellbeing of our employees inside and outside of the workplace. We organize volunteer opportunities, company activities, and all-employee meetings to show we value our employees and the community around us!
Evaluates and supports new product designs to ensure they work electronically and mechanically as designed. Checks Bill of Materials (BOM’s) and assembly drawings to make sure they are logically assembled and materials on BOM are correct.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Evaluates prototype designs. Performs continuity check of electrical assemblies, tests matrix, applies factory test procedures (FTP), and checks correctness of paperwork.
- Breadboards new designs for circuits so they can be evaluated and fine-tuned before being released to the PCB Designer.
- Performs re-work for sales and marketing rework including changing cables, re-testing key boards, changing domes and keytops, and other miscellaneous changes.
- Assembles and tests pre-prototype models that go to customers.
- Builds electronic test equipment in support of the Test Engineering and Design Engineering groups.
- Sets-up ESD link for various keyboard output configurations. Tests to engineers’ requirements as needed.
- Programs PROMs to support products still in production.
- Produces PC boards for use in prototyping electrical assemblies.
- Provides technical support to the production facilities.
- Attends meetings as needed to support organization activity.
- Interfaces with customers as required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to achieve corporate and departmental objectives.
Supervision is provided by the Vice President of Engineering and this position does not have any supervisory responsibility.
- Associates degree’s in electronics from a two-year college or technical school.
- Minimum of seven to ten years progressive experience in electronics troubleshooting, design, testing, and repair.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Ability to use an oscilloscope, digital voltmeter, soldering iron, hand tools, and other electrical testing/repair/design equipment.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and statistical analysis.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, assembly and disassembly instructions, schematics, BOM’s, ECN’s, and PCO’s.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound written and oral communication skills; must be able to write and understand routine reports, follow oral and written instructions, and speak effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and work with diverse groups of people.
- Must have knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment and be familiar with commonly used email, Internet, word processing, databases and spreadsheets.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and materials. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Experience in Contract Manufacturing and EMS industry desired with an emphasis in supporting an offshore manufacturing facility.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, talk, hear, and see. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or reach with hands and arms. The employee will regularly multi-task between projects, be required to move throughout the office building, and effectively communicate.
The environment is fast-paced; time pressured, and requires accuracy. The normal environment is quiet and typical of an open cubical setting with some areas that may be louder at times.
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by all incumbents, and all job descriptions are subject to change to accommodate business necessity. In support of Keytronic’s goals some Incumbents may perform other duties as assigned.
In addition, all Keytronic employees are expected to:
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort
- Help train and give guidance to other Keytronic employees
- Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area
- Provide customers with the highest quality of products and service
- Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes
Location: Spokane Valley, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=18363&clientkey=E743E40FDD9D861C31A7801CBB5685EE
Base Pay: DOQ