Employer: McCain Food USA
Instrumentation & Calibration Specialist
McCain Foods USA, Inc.
Position Title: Instrumentation & Calibration Specialist
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Othello
Requisition ID: 1801
The Instrument Calibration Specialist Position is part of the Maintenance Team, under the E&I group. There will be collaboration with the Electricians, solving instrument reliability shortcomings, and other instrument controls/electronic systems. The Instrument Calibration Specialist’s main function will be ensuring the proper calibration of instruments, such as transmitters (flow, pressure, level), switches (level, pressure, flow, position), load cells and control valves. This position will also be responsible for verification that instruments are used for the proper application. This also includes the proper installation of electronic components/instruments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Use tools, test equipment, documentation, and schematics to operate,repair, adjust, install and rebuild electronic and instrumentation, which supports factory operations.
- Calibrates and verifies operation of weighing equipment and control devices such as proportional valves, RTDs, pressure transducers, level sensors, and other devices as directed.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate test equipment, including oscilloscopes, digital test meters, and insulations test meters, HART communicator, power supplies,frequency counters, and analog source meters.
- Knowledge and ability to test 4-20mA loops for accurate system input/output
- Tests,troubleshoots, and replaces malfunctioning or faulty electrical/electronic components, including strain gauges with the use of schematics or vendor documentation to resolve issue.
- Troubleshoots,maintains, and repairs hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Accurately completes CMMS records and reports in a timely fashion to ensure required repair parts are on site in a timely manner and for the accurate data collection of all maintenance actions.
- Possesses good communication skills to report to the supervisor and communicate appropriately with others, including those involved in on-the-job training functions.
- Develops the habit and practice of documentation of work that may result in changes to parameters, circuits, components, configuration, or orientation of an electrical/electronic device for future reference by self and others.
- Serves as a team player assisting all other mechanics and operators to carry out their duties.
- Performs work and responsible duties in a timely fashion.
- Owns proper tools for the job as needed to perform efficiently.
- Operates the forklift and scissor-lift as needed.
- Communicates with supervisors, operators, and maintenance mechanics to determine deficiency in equipment operation.
- Communicates corrective actions to supervisors, operators, and maintenance personnel.
- Attends and participates in all annual, departmental, and job specific required training.
- Communicates any problems or changes in working environment to appropriate personnel.
- Understands and adheres to the concepts and techniques of the quality process in order to ensure a quality operation.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices(GMP’s) and according to the principles of 5S.
- Performs assigned tasks in a manner that does not endanger the environment and adheres to company and regulatory standards.
- Promotes and adheres to company safety regulations.
- Active involvement in Behavioral Observation Safety (BOS).
- Wears appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Helps to build and promote a strong “Teamwork” environment in each individual workgroup, the factory, and the company.
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement process, such as MCE events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individualmust be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of one year toward an Associate’sDegree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or oneor two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination ofeducation and experience.
- Working knowledge of test equipment, includingoscilloscope, digital test meters, insulation test meggers, decade box, HARTcommunicator, power supply, frequency counters, and 4-20mA source meters.
- Strong computer background, includingexperience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows.
- Must possess the ability to read and understandschematics, utilize vendor documentation, diagnostics, and troubleshooting; musthave experience with AC/DC voltages ranging from -48 to 480 volts; provenexperience with electrical wiring in accordance with the National ElectricCode; must have experience with instrumentation, motor, and process controls(pneumatic and hydraulic systems); and the ability to repair and maintainmechanical equipment.
Must have the ability to read and comprehendsimple instructions, short correspondence, and memos such as safety rules,operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write simple correspondence, effectivelypresent information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers,clients, and other employees of the organization.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic (Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran).
Job Family: Manufacturing
Department: O3 Maintenance and Engineering
Company: McCain Foods USA, Inc.
Location: Othello, WA
Application Method: Online: https://careers.mccain.com/job/Othello-Instrumentation-&-Calibration-Specialist-Wash/538685417/?feedId=300617&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=McCain_Indeed&sponsored=ppc
Base Pay: DOQ