Employer: Selectemp Employment Services
Electrical Controls Technician
Selectemp is currently recruiting for a client in Eugene, Oregon for a DIRECT HIRE Electrical Controls Technician - THIS IS NOT A TEMP-HIRE position:
We are assisting a local manufacturer that provides Cabinet Dryers, Tunnel Dryers, Traying Lines, Ancillary Support Equipment, Belt Dryers, and Bin Dryers for Almonds, Hazelnuts, Pistachios, Walnuts and Bark. Overseas applications include drying and roasting Macadamia Nuts, drying Mushrooms, and Hot Forced Air Treatment Chambers for tropical fruit with recruiting on this position.
The Electrical Controls Technician works closely with engineers to coordinate and perform controls testing, commissioning and start-up. Acts as a resource for proposals, projects and customer training.
● Build control systems/panel assembly, which includes system requirement evaluation, panel design, layout, wiring, installation and system debug
● Read, understand, revise and maintain electrical schematic documentation
● Create motor, controls and specification list for assigned project
● Manage multiple projects at one time with responsibility for hitting all associated project deadlines
● Run tests at customer sites including I/O, e-stops, motor rotations, hydraulics, adjusting system and preparing for plant commissioning
● Requires some travel, including potential international travel to job sites
● Wiring, hook-up disconnects, switches, push buttons, circuit panels, breakers, suppressors, transformers
● Maintain and troubleshoot PLCs and sensors
● Knowledge of controls and electric (high and low voltage)
● Strong knowledge of creating schematics and designing/building control panels required
● Electrical and Electronic Control system trouble-shooting skills in variable frequency drives, PLCs and/or related areas: Previous experience with Honeywell, Eurotherm a plus
● Electrical controls troubleshooting and problem solving skills with an emphasis on customer service
● Must have knowledge of three-phase motors
● Able to operate hand tools: Power tools, screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.
● Utilize test equipment: Digital voltage meter, etc.
● National and international travel required
● Must have valid driver’s license
● Full-time: $52,000.00 to $62,400.00 per year
● Send cover letter & resume to the Eugene Selectemp Team: email@example.com
Location: Eugene, OR
Application Method: email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Base Pay: $52,000 - $62,400/yr