Employer: Calpine Corporation
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Creates plans that permit the continued operation of equipment and systems affecting the company’s business operations to a substantial degree. Responsible for determining, monitoring, and administering maintenance and operation work schedules to meet plant productivity needs. In coordination with plant management and project managers, develops and implements work schedules after evaluating maintenance, operations, and engineering needs. Exercises discretion and independent judgment based on plant operations, maintenance needs, resources, and timing considerations. Involved in planning long- and short-term business objectives involving maintenance, repair, and replacement of equipment. Provides consultation and expert advice to management. Investigates and resolves maintenance issues.
• Seasoned professional with administrative skill and advanced applied experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance and plant operations.
• Administers maintenance program with particular emphasis on establishing work plan to effect operation/maintenance performance and efficiencies.
• Performs little or no physical work.
• Makes decisions concerning complex issues regarding project components and tasks.
• Leads, researches, prepares, plans and schedules exercising discretion in formulating solutions using independent decision-making.
• Develops new processes, tools and services; develops new products, services or techniques.
• Makes decisions requiring exercise of discretion and independent judgment regarding matters of significance ranging from moderate to complex maintenance and operations planning issues.
• Directs senior professional in selection of methods, techniques, and analytical approaches.
• Advises management team in planning long and short-term business objectives and in developing new maintenance reports, standards, metrics and policies.
• Able to administer maintenance planning based on general plant and operations policies with little or no day-to-day direction.
• Administers work of professionals, technicians, and others both inside and outside of own department.
• Work is primarily office or non-manual work related to the plant maintenance operations.
• Must compare and evaluate possible courses of action and make a decision after various possibilities have been considered
• Has authority to wave or deviate from established policies and procedures in exceptional circumstances.
• Advises management on best policies and practices for coordinating resources to achieve maintenance goal and regularly keeps management abreast on actionable solutions to planning issues.
• Collaborate and solve problems – works with others to resolve significant issues in the plant, clarifies or interprets complex information, provide initial screening/remediation.
• Additionally, responsible for assessing priority of maintenance requests (both long- and short-term), determining job requirements, and determining appropriate staffing resources.
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment to integrate plant needs with maintenance/operation resources in setting work schedules.
• Formulates maintenance plans, budgets, material requirement list, budget tracking tools, and develops metrics to demonstrate performance and drive improvements of maintenance operations.
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment to administer schedule changes due to backlogs, design changes, and material or labor shortages.
• Provides strategic advice based on evaluating possible repairs and deciding whether equipment needs to be modified or replaced.
• Bachelor’s Degree and vocational/technical experience and education in maintenance, engineering-related field, or equivalent.
• Expert in department-specific software, databases, and spreadsheets; strong understanding of power maintenance/plant operations functions, administrative controls, or related.
• Generally, requires 7 years’ experience.
• Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment as well as mastery of maintenance and control operations functions necessary to administer maintenance.
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3591&__jbsrc=
Contact Person: Erin Lee
Location: Middletown, CA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ