Employer: Graphic Packaging International
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight!
We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Perform work involving the Mechanical, Electrical and Fabrication skills to keep all production machines and support equipment in reliable repair. Duties involve repairing mechanical equipment; installing, aligning and the setup of new equipment along with programming of PLC's, working with ladder logic and motor control systems in a 24/7 production facility.
• Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
• Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly and operate efficiently.
• Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
• Use tools ranging from hand and power tools, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
• Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
• Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
• Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
• Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
• Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, forklifts, hand tools, and power tools.
• Plan and lay out repair work, using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, and schematic diagrams.
• Effectively and efficiently submit part orders and repair reports.
• Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools and metering equipment.
• Operate cutting torches or welding equipment.
• Knowledge: H.S. Education or equivalent, computer literate.
• Skills: Mechanical, electrical, communication.
• Abilities: Good attendance, guide teams/processes, ability to work alone.
• Core Values: Demonstrates qualities of our Core Values – Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships & Teamwork
• Journeyman’s license a plus
• Tech School or college degree a plus but not necessary.
• Must be able to work 8 or 12 hour shifts plus overtime as required
• Active Learning
• Active Listening
• Critical Thinking
• Monitoring plant performance
• Reading Comprehension
• Problem Solving
• Equipment Maintenance
• Properly Utilize Electrical Precision Measuring Devices
• Equipment Selection
• Operation Monitoring
• Operation and Control
• Operations Analysis
• Technology Design
• Electrical skills
• Engineering and Technology
• English Language
• Standing: 34-66% of time
• Walking: 34-66% of time
• Pushing/Pulling: Frequently with a force of 35#. Occasionally with a force of 45#. Rarely with a force of 15#
• Lifting: Occasionally 10-60#. Occasional front carry and floor to waist lift of 75-100# completed by two people
• Frequent stair climbing, kneeling, crouching, balance, forward bending/standing, right and left hand coordination.
• Occasional right and left hand grip, elevated work, repetitive squat, repetitive reaching, step ladder climbing, rotation sitting.
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• 401(k) (matching 100% on the first 4% and 50% on the next 3%)
• Life Insurance/AD&D/Short and Long Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year of employment
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Please apply at www.graphicpkg.com
Contact Person: Katie Muldoon
Location: Vancouver, WA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: $26.54-$31.31 DOE