Employer: Peninsula Truck Lines, Inc.
Regional Line Driver - Yakima, WA
Peninsula Truck Lines, Inc.
$0.62 per mile
Peninsula Truck Lines, Inc.is a Pacific Northwest regional LTL carrier operating in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. Founded in 1951, our organization has established an outstanding reputation for quality services and credit for this goes to every one of our employees. We are a progressive company with the old-fashioned values of honesty, respect and appreciation. We believe the people who work at Peninsula are the reason for our success.
Our Regional Line Drivers hook up and haul trailers between our terminals in the Pacific Northwest. Our drivers run 5 days per week with weekends off and run very few overnight routes. Most runs are from their home terminal to one or two other terminals and return to their home terminal.
- Our Regional Line drivers earn an average of $70,000-$75,000 per year;
- Routes are paid by the mile, $.6151 per mile. and $.1119/per mile toward pension
- 100% Employer paid medical insurance premiums for employee and dependents;
- Health Savings Account;
- Vacation, sick leave and holidays;
- Flexible spending accounts;
- 401k retirement & Pension Plan
- Drivers work a swing/graveyard shift shuttling trailers between terminals. There can be occasions for a layover but it is seldom.
- Home every weekend!We ensure this by running 7/60 hour logs;
- Regional routes only. No long haul driving;
- Leadership that respects and values you and the work you do.
- Minimum 21 years of age;
- Class A CDL with hazmat, doubles/triples endorsements;
- Two years recent line experience with doublesand triplesin a mountainous region or five years OTR if doubles experience is less than our minimum;
- Valid DOT medical certification;
- No violation of the following during the 36-month period prior to date of hire:
- Conviction of an "at-fault" accident;
- License suspension or revocation for more than 30 days;
- No violation of the following during the 60-month period prior to date of hire:
- DUI or reckless driving in any motor vehicle;
- No violations of DOT drug/alcohol requirements. Proof of SAP required for any violations.
- Familiarity with area and good communication skills are an asset;
- Must chain for inclement weather;
- Willingness to run mountainous areas in all seasons.
Peninsula Truck Lines, Inc. - 12 days ago
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=CDL%20Truck%20Driver&l=Yakima%2C%20WA&radius=50&start=20&advn=4623654627599938&vjk=9fddc30efb39ed05
Base Pay: See above for details