Employer: The Neil Jones Food Company
Electrician 1 - Firebaugh, CA
E2 -Regular Part-Time - Union
The Neil Jones Food Company is looking for an Electrician I at our Toma-Tek facility in Firebaugh, CA. The Neil Jones Food Company processes superior quality, fresh-packed, vine-ripened California tomatoes and Pacific Northwest fruit. With headquarters in Vancouver, Washington, NJFC has been providing our nation’s discerning foodservice, retail, industrial and institutional customers the finest quality canned and pouched products for over 35 years. NJFC operates three production facilities: Northwest Packing in Vancouver, WA.; San Benito Foods, in Hollister, CA; and Toma-Tek in Firebaugh, CA.
Plans layout, installs and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and processing equipment throughout a 24/7 food processing plant. This is a union, part-time position, (full time during pack season, July – October, part-time the rest of the year.)
• Assembles, installs, and tests motor control devices, switch panels, transformers, generator windings, solenoids, and other electrical equipment and components.
• Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
• Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
• Installs power supply and control wiring for newly installed machines and equipment such as conveyors systems.
• Connects power supply and control wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
• Associate’s or technical school degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Requires familiarity with VFDs, single loop controllers, PLCs and all phases of electrical installations, maintenance and troubleshooting of power distribution and motor control circuits.
• Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measuring, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and able to compute rate, ratio, and percent as well as draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to work any assigned shift.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, re
Location: Firebaugh, CA
Application Method: Online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=3c4ef330-a51f-45a5-992c-aba7886306d5&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=357954&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Base Pay: DOQ