Employer: The Neil Jones Food Company
Electrical Technician - Firebaugh, CA
Requisition ID: 1536
The Neil Jones Food Company is looking for an Electrician (Electrical Technician) at our Toma-Tek facility in Firebaugh, CA. The Neil Jones Food Company processes superior quality, fresh packed, vine-ripened California tomatoes and Pacific Northwest fruit. With headquarters in Vancouver, Washington, NJFC has been providing our nation’s discerning foodservice, retail, industrial and institutional customers the finest quality canned and pouched products for over 35 years. NJFC operates three production facilities: Northwest Packing in Vancouver, WA.; San Benito Foods, in Hollister, CA; and Toma-Tek in Firebaugh, CA.
Apply electronic theory, principles of electrical circuits, electrical testing procedures, working knowledge of PLC hardware/software, engineering mathematics, physics, and related knowledge to layout, build, test, troubleshoot and repair production equipment.
• Audits operator work to ensure proper safety procedures are complied with and corrective action is taken if safety opportunity presents itself.
• Inspects instruments and tests equipment periodically and adjust calibration to ensure functioning within specified standards.
• Observes operating condition of instruments, and adjust or calibrates, or programs according to established standards periodically and as needed.
• Assembles, installs, and tests motor control devices, switch panels, transformers, generator windings, solenoids, and other electrical equipment and components.
• Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Requires a high degree of knowledge in all phases of electrical installations, maintenance and troubleshooting of power distribution, motor control circuits, VFDs, single loop controllers and PLCs.
• Ability to communicate, read and write in English.
• Ability to work extended hours and weekends during the pack season, typically late June to early November.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test.
• Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage
• 401(k) match with Traditional & Roth options available
• Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
• Numerous other voluntary products available
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, military or veteran status, and other protected status under applicable law.
Location: Firebaugh, CA
Application Method: Online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=3c4ef330-a51f-45a5-992c-aba7886306d5&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=357953&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Base Pay: DOQ