Status: Full Time
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine enrolling a total of 560 medical students with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play. For more information, visit www.liveyakimavalley.com.
Responsible for administrative and clerical duties to support multiple individuals and programs within student affairs, student success and alumni services. Serves as an information manager for office, including scheduling meetings, appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, managing projects, and conducting research.
Essential Job Functions:
• Administrative and clerical office support; expense reports, copying, ordering supplies, handling confidential information, oversees the fitness reimbursement program
• Information Management (excused absences, site selection, accommodations, photos)
• Committee support; scheduling, minutes, managing documentation, and communications
• Records management; filing (hard copy and electronic), gathering documents, and disseminating as needed, records retention and destruction
• Manages data entry into database and office software ensuring accuracy and attention to detail, update department webpage
• Support internal and external communications in writing, email, and in-person
• Prepare reports, letters, presentations and other documentation utilizing MS office products, and other software programs, creates/manages electronic forms
• Provide consistent quality customer service, interact with students in an inviting, positive and supportive manner
• Scheduling department and student activities (meetings, appointments, student events, lunch and learn sessions)
• Assists students with resources as needed
• Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
• Conducts self appropriately and consistently in accordance with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
• Other duties as assigned
• Required: High School Diploma or GED
• Two years college or equivalent work experience; preferably in a University setting
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to maintain high level of attention to detail and accuracy on a consistent basis; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct work flow; ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases including proficiency in Word and Excel; and schedule activities and/or meetings.
To ensure full consideration submit:
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
Location: Yakima, Washington
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ