Employer: DKI France & Company
A. Summary of Position: Carpenter
Candidate must demonstrate France and Co. core beliefs:
*Think Beyond Today
Reports to: Production Manager
B. Essential Duties and Responsibilities in addition to the above:
1. Carpenters specialize in new-home, townhome, and condominium building, remodeling and restoration of new, old and existing structures
2. As part of a single job, carpenter’s will build and set forms for footings, walls, and slabs, and frame and finish exterior walls, roofs, and decks.
3. Carpenter’s also will frame interior walls, build stairs, and install drywall, crown molding, doors, and cabinets. In addition, carpenters will tile floors and lay wood floors and carpet.
4. All above will and do include bending, swooping, lifting, climbing and crawling
To perform the job of a Carpenter position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
1. Problem Solving. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information
skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations.
2. Judgment. Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Makes timely decisions.
3. Management. Develops project plans. Coordinates projects. Communicates changes and progress. Complete projects on time and on budget.
4. Planning/Organizing. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently.
5. Technical Skills. Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares expertise with others.
6. Customer Service. Manages difficult and emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Response to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
7. Interpersonal Skills. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without interrupting. Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others' ideas.
8. Ethics. Treats people with respect. Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds France & Co. values.
9. Professionalism. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Keeps commitments.
10. Teamwork. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to other viewpoints. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Able to build morale and group
commitments to goals and objectives. Supports group members’ efforts to succeed.
11. Leadership. Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Accepts feedback from others. Gives appropriate recognition to others.
12. Quality Management. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
13. Organizational Support. Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports France & Co.’s goals.
14. Safety and Security. Observes safety and security procedures. Uses equipment and materials properly. Reports unsafe and potentially unsafe conditions.
15. Attendance/Punctuality. Is at work on time. Arrives to required meetings and appointments on time.
D. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of a Lead Carpenter. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and push and pull. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb (ladder, steps, roof etc.) or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
E. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of a Carpenter .
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $26.00 per hour
Monday to Friday
Construction Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Waiting period may apply
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Application Method: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=construction&l=washington%20state&sort=date&fromage=last&start=30&vjk=791633ed00fb035c
Base Pay: $18-$26/hr