Building Maintenance Mechanic - Plumbing - Vancouver, WA
The Maintenance Mechanic supports operation, inspection, and maintenance processes to mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities.Work independently performing defined tasks. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas. Strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all Plumbing systems. Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in Plumbing and be multi skilled in electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, Material Handling Equipment and others in order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments.
Job Responsibilities -
- Performance of ongoing preventive and repair response work orders on facility mechanical, electrical, plumbing and other installed systems, equipment, and other components.
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
- Oversees, repair, P.M. and install new piping and valves relating to and maintains heating and cooling valves, water cooling equipment; heating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters, building steam and water piping/plumbing systems; determine frequency of repair and/or P.M. of systems.
- Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment and/or as directed
- General interior maintenance – hang pictures, install keyboard trays, repair office furniture systems and repair doors.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Complete Hazard Assessments as necessary
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Must complete all required safety trainings as scheduled
- Practice Defensive Driving at all times
- Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Update work order status in real time
- Utilize CMMS systems (Corrigo) for all work performed.
- Escalating problems or issues to Customer and Manager in a timely manner
- Attend work and safety meetings as required
- Good working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities -
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of an applicable technical training program, desirable.
- Years of relevant experience: Must have 4 years of progressive maintenance experience in the field of Plumbing maintenance.
- Must have knowledge of the principles and best practices of plumbing systems and maintenance.
- Understands the codes and regulations related to plumbing systems and components.
- Skilled in use of tools and machinery required by the position. Knowledge of OSHA standards,
- Plumbing standards and local codes and the ability to work safe.
- Use of power and hand tools.
- Proven knowledge of technical terms used in plumbing field.
- Knowledge of building tools and equipment.
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Licenses as required by authority having jurisdiction
- Valid Driver’s licenses.
Physical work requirements and work conditions
- Lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Working from heights.
- Frequently climbing, bending, lifting, kneeling, stooping, and working/extending overhead.
- Working in adverse conditions (i.e., extreme cold, extreme hot)
- Climbing a ladder with a 300 lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
- Climbing a ladder up to 30 feet.
JLL Privacy Notice:
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Location: Vancouver, WA
Application Method: Online: https://jll.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/jllcareers/job/Vancouver-WA/Building-Maintenance-Mechanic---Plumbing_REQ117628-1?utm_source=jll&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=us_careers&utm_content=explore_opportunities
Base Pay: DOQ