Employer: Perry Technical Institute
LAB COORDINATOR ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM Main Campus - Yakima, WA:
This is a temporary, full time, hourly position in the Electrical Technology Department. The position is being added to ensure social distancing and coverage in labs when instructors cannot be on campus due to COVID. While this position is a full time temporary position needed due to COVID, there may be potential for future employment. This position will report to the Electrical Technology Department Head.
Under the direction of the Electrical Technology Department Head, the Electrical Technology Lab Coordinator is responsible for inventory levels, materials/consumables acquisition and lab setup.
Duties are performed in an electrical lab setting. Working effectively and collaboratively in a team environment is a must. Working conditions will often match industry as follows:
- Career and technical educators will spend time supervising students in a simulated lab environment. [Electricians] occasionally work in cramped spaces. The long periods of standing and kneeling can be tiring. Electricians may be exposed to dirt, dust, debris, or fumes.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Career and Technical Education Teachers, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/education-training-and-library/career-and-technical-education-teachers.htm (visited July 12, 2020). https://www.bls.gov/ooh/construction-and-extraction/electricians.htm#tab-3 (visited December 3, 2020).
This is a non-exempt, full-time, regular position.
WAGE RANGE: DOQ
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, prescription, 401(k) with profit share and matching, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, employee assistance plan, paid sick leave, up to 5 weeks of scheduled breaks, 11 paid holidays, 4-day work weeks and more.
- Three (3) years of related practical work experience working in the electrical industry or a certificate of completion from an accredited post-secondary electrical program.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to interface with students and staff in a professional, approachable manner.
- Will on occasion be required to drive on behalf of Perry Technical Institute. Employee must possess a working vehicle, hold a valid driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record, and produce proof of insurance.
- Must be willing to consent to a drug test.
- General journeyman electrician certification - Must qualify to work in ALL types (specialties) of electrical work.
- Previous experience with programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Previous experience with motor controls and wiring.
- General industry knowledge and skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Troubleshoot problems in the lab environment.
- Supervise hands-on activities in the lab environment.
- Remain current in industry through continued education.
- Must be able to identify safety hazards and make recommendations on their avoidance.
- Coordinate purchasing of supplies, consumables, job materials with the Department Head.
- Assist instructors with lab and demonstration setup.
- Any additional tasks as directed by the Department Head.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=25366&clientkey=82B497C78D856557AF696B0975762145
Base Pay: DOQ