Employer: Calpine Corporation
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
The position of an Operator Technician (Steamfield) requires teamwork, working rotating 12-hour shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays, and PTO coverage. Personnel need to be self-motivated and capable of physical work while working in a safe manner and protecting the environment. The job also requires driving in steep terrain, pulling trailers, working in snowy wet conditions and hot summer conditions.
• Opening and closing large valves, hiking in steep terrain, start, stop and monitoring of equipment including reading gauges and meters and recording activities in operating logs and records.
• Uses computers and monitoring equipment to measure, record and adjust within operating parameters.
• Performs a variety of operational maintenance tasks including diagnosis, maintenance, and repair of mechanical equipment in a safe, efficient, and economical manner.
• Performs overhaul maintenance and system improvement tasks.
• Performs chemical analysis and chemical control on steam, cooling, and condensate systems, and maintains chemistry logs.
• Complies with all related environmental and compliance processes and procedures.
• Incumbents assist in the development of standard operational procedures and provide input to facility betterment items to improve operational efficiency, reliability, and safety.
• Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures.
• Regularly required to maintain facility security, and handle and transfer bulk chemicals.
• Additional job duties assigned as business needs dictate.
• Entry-level; practical operating knowledge to perform job.
• Performs standardized, ongoing duties and tasks.
• Routine decisions.
• With guidance, ensures timely and accurate performance of responsibilities for a single trade, group of closely related tasks or functional area.
• Work typically reviewed by others; work reflects developing competency and basic skills.
• Errors may cause simple rework or correction to a single task.
• Duties and tasks are standardized.
• Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
• Works under direct supervision and/or defined parameters.
• Prioritizes basic tasks; priorities typically guided by standard practices or by others.
• Receives training but uses some specialized skills where technical experience can be applied to assigned tasks. Assists more experienced Operator Technicians.
• High School Diploma and attendance in trade school, military service or equivalent.
• Entry level; minimum 2 years directly related experience including understanding of health and safety regulations, and previous experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling, storage, and transport.
• Requires previous experience using test equipment and calibration appliances. Additional experience with machinery repair and control systems preferred.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity, and mathematics.
• Begins to achieve primary certifications/licensures. Valid state driver’s license.
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3566&__jbsrc=
Contact Person: Erin Lee
Location: Middletown, CA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ