Employer: Astria Health
The Astria Health system, headquartered in the heart of the state of Washington’s wine country in the beautiful Yakima Valley, is the largest non-profit healthcare system based in Eastern Washington. Astria Health is the parent non-profit organization of Astria Sunnyside Hospital and Astria Toppenish Hospital and delivers care throughout the Valley through its Astria Health Hospitals and its Astria Ambulatory Care model focused on delivering the highest level of ambulatory and outpatient care in convenient locations in both the Lower and Upper Yakima Valley. Astria Ambulatory Care is designed to meet the changing lifestyles and diverse needs of those living and working throughout the region.
Committed to investing in a continuum of care for the people who live and work throughout Eastern Washington, Astria Health's goal is to build sustainable, locally-based, healthcare organizations that improve health for those we serve.
• Repair, maintain, and operate the physical plant and all of its attendant equipment to ensure continuity of facility operation and maintenance of a safe and comfortable environment for patients, visitors, and staff.
• The job of HVAC Technician was established for the purpose/s of providing skilled Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading HVAC and building Management controls and equipment in accordance with industry best practices; ensuring that all work is done according to design specifications, state and local building codes, and applicable regulations.
• Perform preventive maintenance on building, equipment, and systems.
• Repair building, equipment, and systems. Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in HVAC systems and energy management control systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs ensuring responsive and corrective action for urgent building operation items, indoor air quality, thermal comfort parameters.
• Frequently inspect buildings, equipment, and safety systems; notes and corrects deficiencies.
• Respond to emergencies involving utility failures, building, Life Safety, and Security.
• Keep record of work performed, maintain shift log, and analyze equipment performance.
• Operate Computerized Building Management System and other system controls.
• Make operational adjustments to utility, safety, and structural systems.
• Perform other related work as required.
• Philosophy consistent with the Hospital’s Policies, Confidentiality, Privacy, and Corporate Compliance programs including Federal and State Laws.
• Philosophy consistent with the Hospital’s mission to deliver high quality and compassionate health care services to our patients, physicians and communities we serve, focusing on customer service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High degree of mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to use hand and power tools.
• Working knowledge of Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning systems (HVAC).
• Working knowledge of Boiler and Steam system.
• General electrical skills.
• General plumbing skills.
• Working knowledge of control systems.
• Must read and write English and be able to perform basic math.
• Requires graduation from or completion of vocational or trade school in an acceptable craft or mechanical field.
• EPA certification-Freon Capture and Recovery.
• HVAC Technician Certification.
• Three years of maintenance experience including: Electrical-Mechanical maintenance, boiler and steam room system operation, HVAC, and large facility plumbing maintenance.
• Approximately 9 months are required to become proficient in the position.
Contact Person: Sandra Miedema
Location: Sunnyside, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOQ