Great State Benefits...Salary Range $50,256-$56,856
We are hiring a Journey-level Electrician. You will be a member of the Facilities, Finance, and Analytics (FAA) team responsible for the electrical systems in multiple locations at the Western State Hospital campus. You will perform skilled installation, maintenance, and repair work on low voltage electrical equipment and systems. See yourself in our bold, new vision of public service here: Our Future Transformed
Why work at Western State Hospital?
• You'll have a fixed, full-time schedule.
• No traveling for electrician work or waiting for a new assignment.
• You'll work with an interesting blend of old and new technology, working on a variety of equipment.
• The work that you do safeguards the resources needed to care for and support our clients.
How much do you currently pay out of pocket for benefits?
Washington State offers one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation. We also offer a great selection of health and retirement plans, paid leave, training, and compensation benefits for you and your family.
Some of what you will do
• Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on electrical systems and equipment of less than 600 volts; limited work over 600 volts
• Install, inspect, maintain, and repair wiring/cables, connections, distribution/instrument panels, circuits, alarm and telephone systems
• Install, adjust, inspect, and maintain electric motors and equipment, e.g. fuse boxes, generators, appliances, x-ray machines, lights, AC
• Replace bearings and motor or generator parts, and perform emergency generator testing
• Operate equipment and machines
• Contact vendors and suppliers concerning equipment, materials, and parts
We are looking for someone with
Valid driver's license AND currently licensed as an EL01 through WA State L&I with electrical experience obtained through at least one of the following:
• Completion of an accredited Electrical Apprenticeship program
• Or, full journey status with an electrical workers union
• Or, 4 years experience of applicable work experience in the electrical field
• Or, vocational training may be substituted for work experience on a year-for-year basis
Contact Person: Jenny Bastrom
Location: Lakewood, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: Salary Range $50,256 - $56,856