Employer: Chelan County PUD
Applicants are required to submit a combined cover letter and resume in one PDF or Microsoft Word document. Your cover letter must summarize your interest in working at Chelan PUD and your related first-level call center, help desk, or technical support experience. Incomplete materials will not be considered.
Incomplete materials will not be considered.
Although the position is Open until Filled, applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. First review date is scheduled November 5, 2020.
In addition to a competitive hourly range of $22.23 - $26.15 (based on qualifications, skills and abilities), Chelan PUD employees also enjoy outstanding benefits which include the option of a zero cost medical plan (medical, dental and vision for all eligible dependents), short and long-term disability, Washington State Public Employee's Retirement System, Deferred Compensation (with company matching funds up to 5%), 11 holidays and initial personal leave accrual at 21 days per year.
Introductory Period: New employees holding regular positions must complete an introductory period of twelve months.
Provides first level Information Technology help desk related support and is the primary contact for non-technical inquiries providing resolution or re-direction. Responsible for IT Operations Support and Maintenance Contract Renewals and is the single point-of-contact for scheduling District wide printer purchase and repair.
JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily.
1. EF 40% IT Support Point-of-Contact: Function as first point of contact for incoming calls, email support and walk-in requests to the IT Department. Address and resolve user call problems within the parameters of expertise, knowledge and security privileges. Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions. Evaluate and prioritize calls based on service call procedures and discretionary expertise. Direct unresolved issues to the next appropriate level of support personnel. Record and track all requests in the Maximo database.
2. EF 40% Maintenance & Support Contract Renewals: Responsible for IT Operations Technology Maintenance and Support Contract renewals. Maintain up to date renewal information in the Technology Departmental Database. Create, process, and receive Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders in the PeopleSoft Financial System and file per the District Records Retention Policy.
3. EF 10% Printer Purchase and Repair: Function as IT point-of-contact for District printer purchase and repair services coordinating with the Procurement and Contract Services Department and the Vendor to negotiate and implement the District’s yearly Office Equipment Repair Service Agreement.
4. EF 5% Provide backup for IT Operations purchasing. Create and process Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders, with follow up to receive utilizing the PeopleSoft Financials then systematically file all related documentation aligning with the District Retention Policy.
5. EF 5% Assess and organize secured hardware Storage Room and Team office space. Procure re-stock as necessary.
6. EF Ongoing Maintain regular and predictable attendance. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Comply with District policies. Complete all required training. Maintain a working knowledge and comply with District safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position, and those in accordance with applicable provisions of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications listed below are representative of those required, but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Additional training in PC or desktop support or other computer technical training is a plus; or the equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Typically requires one year of related experience with first-level call center, help desk or technical support and one year of related purchasing/contract renewal experience. Experience with PC desktop configuration and Microsoft application software is desirable. Familiarity with knowledge databases and help desk/service desk software is beneficial.
Specific KSA's: A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Knowledge of computer system components and terminology, and the ability to understand the technical language of software and hardware.
• Customer Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, effective communications and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Requires excellent customer service skills, including a friendly and patient attitude when faced with challenging situations.
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Typing skill and ability to utilize office calculator, computer terminals, personal computers and other computerized equipment to efficiently carry out work assignments.
• Ability to communicate with all personality types, and interpret user descriptions of problems coming from a non-technical perspective.)
• Requires familiarity with general office procedures
• Ability to prioritize tasks, elicit cooperation and coordinate total efforts to accomplish a task.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to develop recommendations and solution alternatives to procedural problems or processes.
Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
Computers & Equipment: A fully skilled incumbent will have the ability to utilize the following software, hardware, or equipment:
To perform this job successfully, an individual is required to have knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials; PeopleSoft Time Entry/HRIS; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Word; Microsoft PowerPoint; Microsoft Project; General Office Equipment; FileNet; Access and SharePoint. Intermediate knowledge is required in Microsoft Outlook; Maximo Order Processing; Maximo Asset Management and PC Hardware.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk, hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and perform repetitive hand or arm motion. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or twist torso. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds above shoulder height unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The noise level is usually moderate.
Pursuant to the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) standards, Chelan County Public Utility District #1 conducts background screening of personnel who have access to the District's critical physical and/or cyber assets.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. This should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Chelan PUD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values diversity at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or other protected classifications as defined by law.
EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer
EEO Law Poster (English or Spanish)
EEO Law Poster Supplement (English)
Chelan PUD will not be offering any work visa sponsorship for this role.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)
Location: Chelan, WA
Application Method: Online: https://erecruit.chelanpud.org/psc/erecruit/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB_FL&Action=U
Base Pay: DOQ