Employer: McCain Foods USA
Position Title: Waste Water Treatment Lead
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Othello
Requisition ID: 4839
GROW WITH US:
We are expanding our operations at McCain Foods in Othello, making it an exciting time to join our team. Are you, or do you desire to be, an experienced professional in a safety first, highly engaged, and detail oriented manufacturing operation? If so, we encourage you to apply.
McCain offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401(k) with a 6% Company match. Further, McCain offers excellent tuition reimbursement benefits enabling our team-members to continue to grow with McCain.
McCain Foods USA has an immediate opening for a Waste Water Treatment Lead in our Othello, Washington Facility. Under the direction of the Environmental Control Supervisor and Engineering Manager, the successful applicant will become part of the Engineering and Maintenance Team that provides the highest level of equipment reliability to sustain a large potato processing operation. This position is well suited for a results-oriented team player, requiring minimal supervision of daily work activities, excellent communication skills and strong problem solving abilities.
- Strict adherence to all safety-related policies, rules, and regulations, along with the McCain Code of Conduct.
- Operate and maintain all Waste Water Treatment equipment: which includes operation of a Covered Anaerobic Lagoon (CAL), waste collection systems, rotary screens, clarifier, aeration basin, biogas collection and distribution systems, and ancillary equipment.
The WasteWater Treatment Operator shall perform the following functions:
- Collect waste water samples from various locations
- Analyze samples using various lab equipment while following McCain testing procedures
- Ability to rationalize test results and follow procedural adjustment strategies for efficient operation of the anaerobic system
- Daily inspection of equipment and buildings, while recording on specified checksheets
- Make process adjustments after consultation with the Waste Water Treatment Lead and/or Environmental Control Supervisor
- Under the guidance of the Environmental Control Supervisor, the operator shall manage solids inventory of the hoppers, tanks and sludge storage areas
- Perform all tasks related to routine equipment inspections, preventative maintenance, and predictive maintenance
- Ability to identify potential process upsets and notification to WWT Lead
- Ability to learn operation of a biogas generation system, which includes monitoring and testing biogas quality.
- Monitoring final effluent quality and distribution to irrigation holding pond
Complies with all state regulations that pertain to:
- State of Washington Waste Water Permit
- McCain compliance requirements and record keeping
- Adhere to strict safety policies while operating a biological waste water treatment system program, and strict adherence to biogas production safety measures.
- Ability to calibrate Waste Water Treatment laboratory instruments
Supports basic preventative maintenance activities such as:
- Lubrication and inspection of waste water treatment equipment
- Equipment cleaning
- Repair or replace parts on a variety of waste treatment area equipment, including but not limited to pumps, blowers, augers, bearings and gearboxes
- Actively troubleshoot biological treatment system upsets, with the goal to minimize upsets that can halt the biological treatment activity
- Possess communications skills that enable prompt input and corrections to plant Production Team.
- Maintain compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, promote Environmental Awareness and energy/water conservation.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience related to the waste water treatment biological process
- Must have or be able to attain certification of the following equipment, within the first 60 days of hire:
- McCain Forklift Certification
- McCain Scissor Lift Certification
- McCain Boom Lift (Genie) Certification
- McCain Confined Space Certification
- 1+ years of Biological Waste Water Treatment experience
- Familiarity with the use of a structured CMMS, such as SAP PM.
- Ability to complete a training program for anaerobic digestion and biogas generation
- Proficient in operation of an anaerobic digestion system
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment, and complying with food safety rules and regulations.
Location: Othello, WA
Application Method: Online: https://careers.mccain.com/job/Othello-Waste-Water-Treatment-Lead-Wash/542434217/
Base Pay: DOQ